Unmasked

🌻Mia's P.O.V🌻
My steps faltered slightly as I attempted to leave the silent bedroom my eyes settling on the sleeping man before me. His shaggy onyx hair framed his relaxed features, intoxicating green gems shielded from the world as he slept soundly putting my worried mind at ease. Exiting the bedroom I skipped down the staircase smiling sweetly at the two faces that greeted me once I entered the kitchen.

"Good morning!" I sang my smile growing wider when Cole's glare on me hardened.

"The next time you complain about me being a bitch I want you to remember this exact moment because I can surely bitch harder than you can ever imagine Cole." I warned stepping closer to the frowning boy stabbing my finger into his shoulder with every word.

"Don't you think it's too early for you to be this bipolar?" He asked cocking his head slightly to the right.

"I see you have a death wish. Stop testing me." I growled turning away from the brat.

"You woke me up at the crack of dawn so you can get cherry pie at a diner that isn't even open. What do you expect for me to sing you a symphony?" He rushed out causing me to whip around so fast it hurt my neck.

"Yes I expect you to sing me a symphony Cole and if you choose not too do me a favor and shut up." I hissed my hands forming fists as I glared at the red faced teen who has found joy in driving me crazy for the past month.

"If I may interrupt we need to leave." Mason announced popping a strip of bacon into his mouth before walking out the front door with Cole and I trailing behind the unbothered man.

"Why is he coming?" Cole quarried holding open the door to the black SUV for me.

"He's needed." I said shortly adjusting myself in the leather seat.

"Since when?" He probed looking between Mason and I as we sped down the empty road that was being illuminated by the suns first rays.

"Since now Cole chill." Mason responded meeting Cole's calculated eyes in the review mirror. Mason was right he was indeed needed now. He'd act as my buffer. For what you may be wondering? 
Lucas Gray.
If Mason is successful I'd live to see another day unscathed.

Pulling up to the back entrance of Jane's Diner I turned smiling sweetly at Cole. "We are all going to go in there and you Cole are not going to say a word. Speak only when or if you are spoken too and try and hold in your urge to throw a tantrum on entering." I explained slowly clapping at the end of my mini speech before climbing out of the parked van.

"Cherry pie my ass." Cole cursed when Mason knocked on the metal back door harshly the door immediately swinging open to reveal a burly tattooed figure who stepped aside allowing us entrance. Cole just couldn't shut up for once.

"Luna follow me." The man announced leading us out of the room we entered and into the main area of the restaurant. The usual bright area dark due to the blinds being drawn blocking out the sun's rays from flooding the room as it usually did. My eyes swept over the empty space settling on the figure sat in a booth to the far right nursing a cup of coffee. I closed the distance between us coming to a stop at the table earning his full attention.

"It's a pleasure Luna." He said lowly bowing his head respectfully as I wordlessly slipped into the booth nodding my head slightly in acknowledgment to his greeting.

"Thank you for agreeing to this meeting." He rambled dark brown eyes never meeting mine as I observed the man before me. His pale ivory skin contrasted against the navy blue material of his shirt that covered most of his upper half. Several inked drawings were left unhidden where the material didn't cover occupying his neck and arms. A thick beard covered most of his face, his untamed hair lazily fell into his face framing haunted brown eyes that never met mine but instead stayed focused on his bruised hands that clutched the tea cup tightly.