III

🌻Mia's P.O.V🌻
"What are you doing here?" I asked my voice going up an octave in hopes of making the question sound less unwelcoming. Glaring at the innocent smile that tugged at her stained lips as her brown eyes glistened with mischief I mentally prepared myself for whatever she had up her sleeves.

"Aren't you happy to see us because we sure are!" My mother squealed tugging my body to hers for a tight hug.

"Mom I saw you last week." I reminded her as she brushed past me and into my untidy kitchen. I was a mess and had no energy to hide the fact. All I wanted to do was crawl into bed and snuggle into Lucas' warm body preferably but I couldn't seeing that I left in an attempt to both make a point and teach him a lesson in turn I'd only solidified the fact that I hated being away from him and had successfully subjected myself to torture.

"You look horrible." My mother commented as she took in my blotchy face messy hair and oversized white t-shirt that sported stains caused by my Dorito covered fingers.

"Thank you." I grumbled flashing her a quick smile before turning to where my father quietly sat fiddling with his phone.

"Well I have a surprise that's going to surely change your mood." She announced her words causing my dad to shake his head in disapproval. My father's silence was never a good sign neither was my mother's use of the word surprise.

"I highly doubt it would." I mumbled earning myself a harsh glare.

"Go change." She ordered to which I shockingly complied to I guess unconsciously I wanted to enjoy whatever remained of my sanity.

Thirty minutes later I sat enjoying breakfast with my parents. My mother still wearing her innocent smile, my father his disapproving frown while I sat attempting to act "normal" and for once not worry about what my mother was plotting or why Lucas hadn't barged in here and taken me home or if he was okay. Three sharp knocks on the front door ran through the house cutting off whatever my mother was about to say.

"I'll get it." I announced hurriedly praying that Lucas had grown fed up of our space because I surely had and was ready to talk about his family.

"Hey!" I chirped swinging open my front door the smile that once tugged at my lips quickly fell once I looked into those familiar dark brown eyes.

"Hey." He greeted lazily a smug smile now playing on his full pink lips all while I temporarily forgot how to properly breathe. Panic quickly corrupted my veins closely followed by burning anger.

"What are you doing here?" I growled through clenched teeth my hands now held in perfect fists at my side.

"Surprise!" My mother cheered coming to stand behind me unknowingly answering my question causing the smile he wore to brighten.

"Emilio is your idea of a surprise?" I sputtered blinking hard in hopes that I was hallucinating due to my sleep deprivation but unfortunately I wasn't. Unfortunately my mother thought it was a good idea to dig up my past and haul it all the way to my front door. Not to mention a piece of my past I had worked so hard on attempting to forget.

"Mia you know that we need to talk you can't run from me forever." He said still wearing a smug smile.

"The only thing you need to do is shut up and get off my property." I spat momentarily glaring at him and then refocusing my glare on my mother.

"Mia you should be nice Emilio drove all this way just to talk to you and he's single." She gushed leaning forward so she could whisper the last part in my ear.

"Emilio I do hope that you have a safe trip home." I said politely before shutting the door not seeing the point in carrying on this conversation any longer.