Mistake

🐾Luca's P.O.V🐾
I stood frozen as I stared at my reflection in the dark liquid that pooled at my feet. The still cold air embraced my body stealing my radiating warmth replacing it with a chill. My eyes slowly moved upwards to meet a variety of trees all blanketed by thick darkness due to the starless night skies. Time seemed to stand still as the only sound that filled the air was my slow breathing that is until a painful whimper cut through the deafening silence.

My eyes frantically searching the direction the sound came from only to be met with empty darkness. Seconds pass filled with silence before the whimpers come again this time louder and as the persons whimpers turned into soft sobs the darkness is suddenly corrupted by an aureate light revealing the familiar crimson liquid that supported life pooled at my feet.

The sobbing continued causing my eyes to move away from the blood that surrounded my feet. The once empty darkness in front of me now occupied by a figure, a woman. Her long dark hair hiding her face as she wept. Her head bowed, arms hugging her torso where the familiar cardinal liquid stained her ivory floor length dress. Her blood leaving her body trickling slowly into the unmoving pool of blood we both stood in. Her painful cries abruptly stop causing thick silence to corrupt the air once more. The woman slowly lifted her head, familiar brown eyes meeting mine. Her usual bright brown skin now deathly pale...

"You did this to me."
The words leaving her chapped lips in breathy gasps echoed through the still air. The words acting as silver bullets painfully piercing my heart as my efforts to move towards her failed I looked on helplessly as she her lifeless body fell to the bloody lake. Soundlessly disappearing.

Mia.

                                                                 ———-💔———-
Jolting awake my eyes frantically searched the dark room my lungs burning due to insufficient oxygen. My frantic eyes fall on her half naked body that laid next to me comfortably curled up under the embrace of silk sheets. The steady rise and fall of her chest causing me to calm somewhat as my mind swirled with thoughts about my dream. Leaning forward I pressed my lips to her warm forehead for a few seconds inhaling her vanilla scent before slipping out of our bed and out of the silent room. Mindlessly marching into the kitchen I grabbed a cup pouring myself some milk a habit I adopted from my mother.

"You're lies haunting you in your sleep?" My grandmother's voice chimed disturbing the silence earning herself a tired huff.

"The wine called you for a midnight meeting?" I quipped focusing my glare on the nosy gray headed woman who stood before me a knowing smirk plastered on her face.

"Actually I came for water I over did it today and I'm afraid I fry my liver." She answered I'm guessing honestly with a shrug of her shoulders before moving towards the refrigerator.

"What was it this time?" She asked after a long pause her question causing images of a bleeding Mia to flash in my minds eye.

"I don't want to talk about it." I grumble stressfully running my fingers through my messy hair to which she wordlessly nodded. Surprisingly for once she had nothing to say.

"Why are you lying to that girl?" She asked less than a second later moving so she now sat at one of the stools that lined the island her sapphire eyes glowing with curiosity.

"I'm not lying to her." I answer firmly quick to defend myself even though I knew I was.

"Master of half truths you are. Telling her half truths is the same as blatantly lying to her Lucas. She told you the whole truth about her past even though it was hard for her why can't you do the same for her?" She asked her eyes now focused on the translucent material she held in her weak grasp.