My Day

🌻Mia's P.O.V🌻
A shaky breath pushed past my glossed lips as I neared the familiar structure my straitened hair playfully twirled in the cool spring air as my eyes stayed focused on the dark colored door my sneaker covered feet carried me towards.

"Mia can you walk any damn slower I just felt my heart stop and restart waiting for you to get here!" My aunt yelled flinging the front door of my parents' home wide open her hazel eyes playfully glaring at me as she pointed her glittering cane at me.

Truth was my slow pace was my way of preparing myself mentally for what I was going to have to endure for the next couple of hours. My mother's subtle yet not so subtle pleas and tactics to get me to move back home. My aunt cracking the most inappropriate and rarely funny jokes and the unnecessary attention. My parents and I did the same thing every year and me being their only child I guess there was no way in hell I was ever going to get out of this tradition  but this year was going to be different. This year I was bringing a guy home.

"Hey aunt Jen." I cheesed hugging the mature woman placing a quick kiss on her wrinkled cheek.

"How have you been Mimi?" She asked walking into the house behind me shutting the door behind us.

"Pretty good." I answered honestly as my eyes bounced around the cream interior nostalgia setting in as I found that nothing much had changed about my childhood home.

"Of course you're glowing." She murmured winking at me before plopping down on the white couch focusing on the television earning herself a quick roll of my eyes. My aunt Jen moved in with us when I was about fifteen when her husband died suddenly in their home and of course Jen being the drama queen she was sold her house and moved right in with us claiming that she couldn't bare living on her own. Her days since then have been filled with television and every and anybody's business she could get a hand on from our neighborhood.

"My baby's finally home!" My mother sobbed pulling me into a suffocating hug as she squished our faces together pressing her wet cheek to my once dry one.

"Hey mommy." I giggled looking up to see my father playfully shake his head from where he stood in the kitchen.

"Lauren let the girl go you'll suffocate her." He ordered moving so he now stood behind his wife as he placed a hand on her shoulder urging her to let go of me.

"I just missed my baby so much." She sighed peppering my face with kisses, a habit of hers she's maintained since I was little.

"I missed you too ma." I whispered placing a kiss to her brown cheek as I tightened my grip on her.

"I'll patiently wait my turn." My father grumbled causing my mother and I to break apart so I could hug him.

"I missed you most daddy." I whispered smiling when his hug tightened.

"I know pumpkin." He said lowly before pressing his lips to my forehead.

"So where's the guy you said you were brining?" My mother asked minutes later as we sat down for breakfast. The mere mention of Lucas caused a blush to creep onto my face as images of last night into this morning flashed in my mind. I'll just say that he did an incredible job at wishing me happy birthday.

"He had to work but will be here for lunch." I answered pushing all my dirty thoughts  aside.

"I must say Mia I personally can't wait to see what kinda man you found down in them bushes." Aunt Jen interjected yet again stating her opinion where it wasn't needed.

"I bet you can't wait aunt Jen and neither can your friends at church to hear all about it." I grumbled stuffing my mouth with eggs to prevent myself from going on a full rant when she had the audacity to say that I was rude.