Found

🐾 Lucas' P.O.V🐾
At first she was just a girl I spotted through the window of a cafe. A mere human I convinced myself I could live without. So convinced I didn't need her that I attempted to reject her. A task I of course failed after spending all of two seconds in her presence. She awakened a side of me I assumed died so many years ago. Unlike anybody I'd ever met in all my days, loving Mia came as naturally as taking a breath of fresh air after resurfacing from the depths of the ocean.

A day without Mia was like a song with no sound. Like the morning sky without the sun. Nothing made sense and it was clear that
Mia was my reason for life. Every second without her produced a fresh scar on my battered heart. I was drowning in the colorless gas I needed to survive and found pleasure in showing the world my despair. 

I refused to rest until I had her where she belonged and anybody who was dumb enough to harm Mia definitely had a death wish I was willing to grant.

🥀✨🥀

🌻Mia's P.O.V🌻
I knew as quickly as the thought popped into my mind that it was a horrible idea but in the moment it, I'd hoped, would be the easiest way out and the only way to solve my problem. Of course, it wasn't. As I laid left cheek pressed to the rough surface, arms and legs wrapped around the slender object holding me in place as my heart raced. My thoughts, matching the rhythm the swirling wind created prompting the trees to join her dance, filling the still night with the leaves' melodious song which the forest creatures hummed along to. Silently reprimanding myself for thinking even for a fleeting moment that it was a great idea to escape through the bedroom window and climb into the tree that sat conveniently behind the poorly secured window.

Perhaps it was my unconscious addiction to the maintenance of my  independence but this time I'd exceeded all internal expectations of my highest level of stupidity fueled by misdirected self motivation. How does one forget such a thing? Most importantly, how does one forget such a thing about themselves? I'd spent my entire life in the city. The most nature related activities I participated in throughout my life all summed up to the occasional Sunday evening strolls through the paved park or playing on our front lawn.

I never climbed a tree or more importantly... I had no idea how to get down from one. I suppose fear got me into this situation. I trusted that Lucas would find me but I refused to simply sit and wait for him to rescue me from whatever Chloe and her minions had planned. Shamelessly weighing the possibility of remaining clinging to this branch an uncomfortably height above ground until I was rescued was appealing but I also knew being missed by Chloe and her goons when they came looking for me in the morning was highly unlikely. My ridiculous thought was cut short by a sound that made my entire body tense, only one word being able to register before the series of events swiftly occurred dragging me along for the ride. The displeasing crackle of the branch that gave out under my weight joined nature's song as we were both pulled down to the hard earth and unfortunately the branch wasn't the only thing that now laid broken on the cold ground.

I laid, mouth unhinged as my body internalized the pain that surged through it prompting a single tear to roll down my cold cheek. Mustering all my courage I pulled my body into a seated position a silent whimper falling from my lips as I assessed my damaged arm not noticing that I was no longer alone.

"Looks like you broke your arm." An unfamiliar voice announced drawing my attention to the bulky man that now stood a few feet from where I sat securely tucked behind the shadow of a tree.

"Is that so? And here I was trying to figure out what that feeling was." I quipped knowing that this was not the time nor the place to be a smart ass but my entire body felt as though it were on fire and I simply needed to distract whoever he was just enough so I could find a way out of whatever I'd gotten myself into this time.