Fix

🌻Mia's P.O.V🌻
Guilt coursed through my veins as I stuffed yet another spoonful of ice cream into my mouth glaring at the carton before me willing it to magically transform into a flavor I actually liked. Shifting my glare to my opened phone another wave of guilt coursed through my body as I stared at my unanswered text messages to Lucas.

With a metal spoon stuck in my mouth I snatched my phone up about to send yet another text demanding that he stopped ignoring me even though I made it very clear ten hours ago that I didn't want him around I changed my mind almost immediately and would proudly blame it on pregnancy hormones.

"I wasn't ignoring you Mia my phone died." His tired voice grumbled entering the dimly lit kitchen carrying a small plastic bag which he placed before me on the countertop.

"Oh." I breathed removing the spoon from my mouth my heart rate spiking when his green eyes met mine.

"You don't like banana." He stated randomly as his eyes shifted to the opened carton of banana chocolate chip ice cream that sat beside me cutting the silence that hung over us.

"I settled for what was available." I sighed shrugging before turning to place the now melting ice cream into the refrigerator.

"I got you your favorite." He announced pulling a carton of strawberry cheesecake ice cream out of the plastic bag that sat on the countertop.

Taking a moment I stood staring at the man before me. His ink colored hair lazily fell into his face framing his tired emerald eyes that held sadness, an emotion I was no doubt responsible for. Pink lips curving lightly showcasing a guilty smile that made my heart flutter in an uncomfortable manner.

"Lucas." I mumbled my voice thick with emotion as my mind raced with all the things I needed to tell him.

"Mia I'm sorry I know...," "Lucas you were right." I stated cutting whatever he was about to say to me short shifting nervously before the now silent man.

"I didn't put enough thought into any of my decisions that lead me here and I understand why you're angry. I put your pack's safety at risk, Cole's life at risk and I'll never forgive myself for putting our child's life at risk and I need you to stop apologizing in hopes of making me feel better because it's not going to happen. You're visibly exhausted Lucas. Physically and emotionally exhausted and it's my fault." I sputtered my chest tightening with a mixture of emotions ranging from fear, guilt to worthlessness as tears feverishly fell from my eyes.

"You really think I look this bad because of you?" He chuckled cupping my now wet cheeks in his large warm hands. "Mia you aren't the reason that I'm exhausted baby you are the reason I find energy to make it through the day. You give me strength when I am weak. You Ms. Mia Williams are the reason I believe life is worth living and I can assure you that that's never going to change...no matter how many trees you fail to descend or prisons you sneak into." He whispered leaning so he pressed a kiss to my forehead as I stared at him at a lost for words which he took full advantage of.

"I know we have a lot to discuss and we will tomorrow but right now you need to get some rest." He stated leaving no room for an argument as he effortlessly swept me off my feet carrying me upstairs to my old room gently laying me on my bed.

"It's 4 AM Lucas today is the tomorrow you're referring to." I said smugly earning myself a tired sigh from the now shirtless man who laid besides me.

"Go to sleep Mia." He grumbled pulling my body closer to him his once tense body instantly relaxing before his soft snores filled the dark room.

"I don't deserve someone as amazing as you Lucas Gray." I whispered pressing my lips to his warm forehead shutting my eyes welcoming sleep.