Chapter 2

When I returned from the company to my flat I was exhausted. Too much paperwork and it's only the first week. It's okay though I like working hard.

Simon greets me with a grin as he wears his 'kiss the cook' apron on. 

"Hey, I made dinner." The smell of lasagna is filling my nose and I feel my mouth watering.

I'm so grateful to have Simon he is my best friend and we're partners in crime. Literally.

We've been friends since kindergarten. And now we're both 23 and share a small flat in NYC.

I always wanted to be an artist and have an art studio but I studied marketing at NYU. It was more likely to get a job in this department. 

Simon is still studying accounting, he works at Java Jones a cute coffee bar not too far from where I work.

He wants to be a singer.

We are in New York the city where dreams come true.

We both grow up in Philadelphia. We moved to NYC when we were 18 to study at the Universities we got. 

I'm so glad I got this job. Now I can finally make more money and buy a house for myself and sent money to my mom.

I love being roommates with Simon but I need my own space.

I worked my ass off for a job I don't even enjoy that much, but it has money. When I gather the amount I need I'm gonna open the art studio I always dreamed of.

"Hey." I manage to say as I throw my heels to the floor.

"God I hate these..."

Simon raises his eyebrows." Why'd you wear them then?"

I look at him with a stare that says 'seriously?'

"Cause I'm working in an office smart-pants. I need to be stylish, besides my boss loves heels so...yeah."

"Whatever." he walks towards the small kitchen.

I sigh as I fall onto the couch.

The small living room is filled with empty and painted canvases and Simons drums.

Oh, I need to clean up this mess.

But I'm so tired.

"Clary come on let's eat!" Simon shouts and I groan.

"Comin..."

* * *

"Shit! We don't have cereals." 

I look at Simon whos wearing his boxers and just woke up.

"God, go wear something..." I say looking back at my coffee. 

Simon is actually looking good. He started working out last year and now has abs and nice biceps.

He's nerd hot. like, my boss, Isabelle said when I showed her his picture. She was really curious.

I haven't told him that yet. Besides, he said he likes someone else.

I can't wait to find out who.

"Can you go to the store and get some?" he groans closing his eyes.

I nod. 

"Yeah sure, I'll go when I finish my coffee, besides I need a new pair of black leggings, my last ones are ripped."

He gives me thumbs-up and leaves the kitchen.

* * *

When I arrived at Walmart I go first to the clothing department. 

I just wore dark sweatpants with a black top. It's really windy though.

My eyes search for a simple pair of black leggings. When I find them I sigh.

They are too high to get. Shit!

I look around to see if there's anyone to help me get them. 

I sigh again. I'm not even that short. Okay, maybe a little.

I should probably go buy cereals first.

I start walking towards the food department. I stop a little when I spot black long hair.

Shit...

Isabelle Lightwood. My boss.

I turn around and change my way. It's not that I don't like her, the opposite she's lovely, I just don't want her to see me like this.

As I'm about to start walking fast to the exit I bump into a person. 

"Hey, can you watch where you going!" I say pissed.

When I look at the person I bumped my heart stops. 

"Miss Fray?" Mr. Herondale stares at me surprised and confused.

My eyes were wide open when I realize how rude I was to my boss.

From where did he come? Oh god...I feel like passing out.

He's wearing a black long sleeve shirt with a simple pair of jeans which make him look so much younger.

"Oh my God, Mr. Herodale, I'm so sorry," I mumbled looking down at my feet. 

I feel my cheeks getting hot as fire as I feel his eyes burning me.

"What are you doing here?" he asks looking at my sweatpants, I blush and open my mouth to speak.

"I-I um came to buy cereals for Simo-my friend."

My heart starts beating fast when his eyes travel to my short black top.

"Your boyfriend?" Mr. Herondale raises his eyebrows with a dark glance.

"No... his my best friend and roommate." I smile awkwardly.

"You have a male roommate? And you aren't involved romantically?" He stares at me with his light gold eyes and I feel losing myself when I stare them back.

"Um, he's like a brother to me and also I believe there's a chance for males and females to develop a normal friendship without romantic feelings attached!" I say calmly trying not to sound rude.

A lot of people think I and Simon are dating because we live together and are best friends since birth.

He nods.

"Anyway, I should probably go...nice seeing you, sir." 

"Um yeah sure...bye Clary," he says.

Don't forget to comment and Vote⭐♥ xxx Al ❤