Chapter 27

"Jace, oh my God..." said Mr. Herondale and walked to us.

I blush a little and step back to make him space to see Jace. He grabbed the back of Jace's neck and pulled him into a careful tight embrace.

Jace rolled his eyes but hugged his father back.

"I'm fine dad."

The scene was so cute that made me feel nostalgic. I miss my mom so much. I'm so happy he and Stephen have such a good relationship.

"I'll leave you two to catch up..." I say and start walking towards the door.

"Clary..."

"I'll be with Alec and Isabelle." I reassure him as I see his panicked look.

I close the door behind me and meet Isabelle and Alec sitting outside the room in the leather black chairs.

"Stephen ruined the mood?" Isabelle asked with a playful grin. I blush.

"Come on let's go to the Cafeteria." Alec offered.

I nodded," I'll catch you, I just have to make a phone call."

They got up and started walking towards the elevator. I find Simons contact in my phone and call him.

I need him to bring me my black flats, I can't walk with these heels all night.

He answers immediately and I'm glad I didn't interrupt anything. He could be with Maia though.

* * *

After I informed Simon about the latest news he agreed to bring me my shoes and that he will be here in 10 minutes.

When I found the two Lightwood simblings, they were siting and drinking some coffee.

I approached them and sat next to Isabelle. Alec offered me a mug of latte and I thanked him. It wasn't black like I liked but I didn't say anything.

"Clary if you want you can stay with Jace tonight, they'll keep him for a night." Isabelle says fixing her lipstick.

"You can skip work tommorow as well..." she looks up at her small make up mirror.

My eyes wide open from her last sentence. I will obviously stay with Jace but I won't skip work. I'll leave at morning.

I can't let my co-workers think that I can do whatever I want cause I'm involved with Jace.

They have to see that I don't rely on him and that he doesn't treat me special at my work place.

"No Miss Lightwood, it's fine I'll stay with Jace but leave for work in the morning." I say leaving my half empty mug down.

She doesn't seem surprised so she just nods.

Before could anybody speak my phone starts ringing. Simons name shows on the screen and I answer immediately.

"I'm on the 3rd floor at the Cafeteria."

Alec and Isabelle looked at me with a puzzled look. I end the call.

"It was Simon, I told him to bring me other shoes for the night." I explain.

Isabelle's eyebrows raise, "Simon?" She asks with interest.

I nod. Alec still looks confused,"who's Simon?" Before I could answer Isabelle finishes for me.

"That's Simon." She points a lost Simon who looks around trying to find me.

"Simon, here!" I get up and make him a sign to come here. When he sees me he smiles and walks towards us.

"Hello." He says still smiling awkwardly.

His eyes fell immediately on Isabelle. She got up with an interested look and offered her hand.

"Simon, the famous best friend..." her red lips curl into a smile.

"I'm Isabelle."

Simon takes her hand and shakes it looking at her amazed.

"Lewis, S-Simon Lewis two first names-am I still talking?"

She giggles and her smile grows.

Alec and I look at each other and he then rolls his eyes. I close my mouth with my hand to stop the laugh.

Simon is so awkward. I'll tease him later for how thirsty he looked at Isabelle.

"Anyways, Alec thank you for the coffee, I'll see you later." I say and get up grabbing my black flats that Simon brough me.

He didn't even noticed me leaving, his eyes were glued on Isabelle. Alec was glaring them and couldn't stop my giggles.

* * *

When I wore my flats I was now on the 2nd floor where Jace was. Out of his room was a man with a black suit.

Stephen's guard.

I walked closer and was ready to knock the door when it opened on its own making me jump a little.

My eyes fell on Stephen Herondale's piercing blue eyes.

"Woah, sorry love, didn't meant to scare you..." he says giving me a small warm smile.

"How are you Clary?" He then asks surprising me that he still remembers my name from the Event Ball.

"I'm fine sir, thank you."

"Please call me Stephen." He pats my shoulder still smiling and I blush nodding.

Behind him was Jace who looked bored and pushed Stephen out of the room by his shoulders.

"Fine, fine I'm leaving..." he chuckles and I join him. Jace raises his eyebrows at me. Cutie.

"Don't forget to call me tommorow morning." He warned concerned.
Jace rolled his eyes. "Yes sir."

Mr. Herondale gives us one last smile,
"Let's go Paul." He waves and leaves with the security guard. 

"Finally." Jace said and pulled me inside the room. I giggled and felt his one arm wrapping around me waist pulling me more close.

I bited my lip and rested my hands on his now clothed stern.

"Where were we..?" He rest his forehead on mine and stares my eyes so deeply making my knees weak.

"I wanted to say something..." he brushes his lips against mine.

My lips curl into a shy smile.

"Clary I..." he whispers and I feel my eyes close from his soft breath.

"I love you..." Jace finally says and presses his lips on mine before I could process his words.

He attacked me with his lips with such hunger that I was burning.

Jace loves me...

I feel my whole body shiver. I was so happy. Literally I was feeling a true bliss.

My hands traveled on his face and stopped his lips that were ready to kiss me hard again.

My fingers brush against his soft plump lips and I open my eyes. He was already looking at me kinda scared.

I smile softly. " I love you." I say and pull him for another kiss. He smiles through my lips and brings his one hand caressing my cheek.

"Really?"

I frown, why would he ask that?

"From the first time I saw you..."