Chapter 22

Clary P.O.V

"And he was angry when he said that?" my mom asks through the phone.

I sigh and close my eyes.

"Yeah... I don't know, he was kinda pissed." 

I hear my mom humming in the line. "And tell me again, how this happened?"

I blush, I didn't tell her about Simon interrupting us with Jace, I feel little embarrassed to say this to my mom.

Ugh...

"Um... he actuall-saw me with...I-" I groan as I try to explain. God this is sooo awkward.

"He saw you? With who?" My mom asks suspiciously. I groan again internally. 

"Oh my Go- Did he caught you with another boy?" she exclaims. My eyes wide open, how she even thought of it?

I feel my cheeks getting hot and thank God I speak through a phone cause I would be so embarrassed. 

"That's why!"

"What?" I say confused, why Simon would be pissed at me for that?

I hear my mom sigh and I'm still confused.

"Why would he be upset about that?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"Oh, my child you're so dumb..." 

I raise my eyebrows. Did she just call me dumb?

"Mom, I seriously can't understand you today..." I glance at my watch, I still have 20 minutes until work starts.

"He's in love with you Clary," she says like its the most obvious thing ever. My mouth opens from the surprise. 

What? 

I shake my head. No. Simon is not in love with me, he likes Maia.

"Mom, what the hell are you talking about?" 

I hear silence in the line and look around searching for my sunglasses. I also have to call an uber to take me to work.

Simon already left without even saying good morning. He was really tense yesterday, he probably had a bad day.

What my mom says is wrong, Simon sees me as his little sister. I don't understand why she would think he's in love with me?

"Listen mom, I'll talk to you later I have to run for work," I say.

I hear her sighing. "Okay sweetie, but don't take for granted what I told you about Simon, you know I'm right, you're just too blind to see the truth..." 

I shut my eyes taking a deep breath. No, I just can't believe it.

"Bye, I love you." " I say.

"Love you too." I end the call and take a deep breath. My mom is wrong.

* * *

When I walk into my work floor I keep my head down. Some coworkers were staring at me making me uncomfortable.

I couldn't take too much attention. 

As I walked next to some desks I heard whispers and small talk. I felt eyes burning behind my back and I was really confused.

I wasn't late...And I didn't do anything wrong.

I ignore the intense stares and continue walking towards my desk. 

Magnus' desk was next to mine, when he felt my presentence he shook his head and looked at me.

I smiled. "Good morning!"

"Yeah, morning..." he said blankly.

I frowned. Magnus is always excited in the morning and always greets me with a warm smile.'

"Is something wrong?" I ask quietly getting closer to him.

He sighs and rolls his eyes. "I don't know Clary, you tell me."

I raise my eyebrows, why everyone's acting so weird and mad? First Simon then my coworkers stare at me like I am a freaking alien and now Magnus?

"Did I do something? Cause I really don't know what's everyone's problem?" I raise my voice a little cause I literally had enough.

Magnus looks at me surprised and then looks around to see if anyone watches us. He gets up from his chair and takes my hand.

He pulls me away from the desks in a small corner and I was really confused.

"Magnus, whats happening?" I ask softly feeling more and more confused.

He looks around one last time and finally speaks.

"When were you gonna tell me about your affair with Herondale?!" he whispers intensely.

I froze and I feel my heart stop for a little. 

My mouth slightly opens and I want to tell something, but Magnus' stare made me close my mouth again.

That's all makes sense now, why everyone's' been staring me this morning. The probably saw me leaving with Jace at the Charity Ball...

Appearently I'm the only one in the company with red hair. 

Magnus' look softened "Why didn't you tell me? You know you can trust me right?" 

I nod feeling tears threatening to roll down my cheeks. Everyone knows about Jace...

They will think I sleep with him only for his money. 

"Hey, come on it's okay..." he smiles softly caressing my cheek. 

A tear rolls down my cheek." I'm in love with him, I don't use him...I-I just don't know h-how this happened..." I stutter feeling my throat tightening.

"I know Clary, I never thought you would use someone for their money, you're a sweet angel." he chuckles patting my shoulder.

I smile "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, no one actually knew...Not even Simon, until last night."

Magnus' eyes wide open. "Wait, how he took it?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, he was kinda pissed but I'm sur-"

"Oh my God, I knew he was in love with you..."

My eyes grow big, what? Magnus thinks that too?!

"You too? Really?"

He raises his hands in surrender.

"It's always like that if you have a straight B.F.F. that means he definitely will fall in love with you!" 

I hide my face in my hands. This can't actually be happening...

UGH!

💘vote and comment💘