Chapter 19

Clary P.O.V

My eyes fell on Jace as he entered the room, he was buttoning a dark red shirt and already wore black pants.

"Sorry, they called me from the company..." he said.

I frowned, but smiled hiding my disappointment, I really wanted to spend the whole day with him.

"Wanna stay here?" he asked as he rolled his sleeves to his elbows. I looked at him in awe. Why he's so handsome?

"Um, no I need to go back to my flat, I promised to spend the day with Simon..." I lie brushing my fingers into my now wavy hair.

Jace raised his eyebrows. "With Simon? What are you guys gonna do?" 

He looked at me now sternly, I smiled.

"Probably gonna watch some movies."

He nodded, turning his back and walking towards his room. I follow him.

"Um, Jace...?" I bit my lip. 

He turns around and our eyes meet. "What?"

"Can I keep these clothes, until I return back to my flat, I'm really not in the mood to wear the dress back on," I ask sheepishly.

His face softens and a smile curls into his lips. "Of course..." 

"Thank you." I lean and give him a small kiss on the cheek. Before I could pull away he grabbed my waist and pulled me into his chest.

Seconds later his lips pushed against mine. I close my eyes and melt into it.

"We should go..." he said as he brushed his lips on mine.

I nodded biting my lip.

He kissed me one last time and pulled away. Then he headed to the bathroom. 

I sighed and grabbed my dress from the floor. Then I found my heels. 

Well, I don't have any other shoes and I doubt if Jace has anything.

I wear them and laugh. I walk towards the full-length mirror and look at myself.

It's actually hilarious. I look funny, with Jace's oversized shirt and his boxer shorts.

The heels are literally the cherry at the top of this mess.

At least my hair doesn't look bad. I give a last small glance at my reflection and walk out of the room hugging my red gown.

Seconds later Jace walked out wearing a black leather jacket and his hair were gelled back.

He looked at me amused. "You look good." 

"Yeah, yeah whatever..." I roll my eyes playfully.

Jace furrowed his eyebrows. "Did you just rolled your eyes at me?"

"Maybe..." I said giggling and started walking towards the door.

Jace was behind me. I could feel his eyes on my back and I grinned. 

"Mrs. Fray?" I heard his professional voice and turned around, I gasped when he suddenly pressed me to the wall.

"That was very rude, Mrs. Fray..." he whispered seductively into my lips as his body pressed to mine, his face got closer.

I bit my lip again and rest my hands on his chest. " I apologize Mr. Herondale..."

"Stop biting that lip or we'll never leave this damn apartment," Jace growled gripping my hips.

"I'm sorry sir..." I say breathlessly biting my lip again to turn on him more.

"Fuck Clary I wi-" The phone cutted him off.

He sighed and pulled away from me. He took his phone out of his jacket pocket.

"Yes Izzy, I'll be there in 10 minutes..." He rolled his eyes and cupped my cheek.

I melt to his touch.

"Yeah, I will just don't tell Alec, he'll kill me." Jace smiled.

He hangs up his phone and looks at me with a soft smile.

"We're not done," he warns ."Come on, let's go." 

I nod and return the shy smile.

*  *  *

"Thank you..." I say as Jace opens the car door for me. I get out and still hugging my dress.

Before I could speak again, he started to walk towards my flat. I follow him running slightly with my stupid heels.

"I'll walk you." he said grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers.

I blushed at this action, even though he held my hand in the Charity Ball all the time.

We look so weird right now, actually me. I probably look like a psycho.

I start laughing. Jace makes a confused look and raises his eyebrows.

"What's wrong?" 

I rest my head on his shoulder and he just shrugs.

Seconds later we were outside my flat. 

"I look ridiculous." I hide my face in my dress and hug it tighter.

Jace pulls me close to him once again wrapping his one arm around my waist and with the other, he lifts my chin to look at him.

"Don't worry, nobody saw you."

"You did..." I whined and he chuckled.

I bury my face in his chest and inhale his cologne. 

"I'll text you..." he said brushing my back softly and then he kissed my head.

I pull away and nod. 

"Bye babe..." he grinned.

I blushed and watched him walking away to his black BMW.

Before he go inside the car our eyes lock once again. I smile and wave at him shyly.

He smiles back and winks at me.

Then he got inside and left.

I had a big smile on my face and my heart started beating faster. 

Now I get why everyone says that being with someone special makes your heart flutter like that.

💕vote and comment💕