Chapter 29

Jace's P.O.V

"Hey, Jordan." I greet the security guard who watches the Company's entryway.

He smiles and nods, "Sir."

I open the door which is still open for the cleaning ladies to leave after they finish the final cleaning.

I had to take some files and my laptop from my office. I didn't have the chance to get them when Isabelle and I went to the business meetings earlier.

My security guard is outside waiting for me. Alec insisted he'll come, but what am I? A baby. The last few weeks Clary and he are always bugging me to be careful and always worry.

I can definitely take care of my self. The kick-box lessons I did in high school and College won't go useless.

I really enjoy beating and kicking some ass, even though I haven't been able these last few years.

Office life is boring.

But can't let my fathers company alone. He sacrificed a lot to build this empire. I won't disappoint him. 

When I get inside the elevator, I take out my phone and search for Clary's contact. I already missed my angel. She'll probably be home drinking her 3rd coffee of the day.

I swear she drinks coffee all the time and she's obsessed with my espresso machine.

I press call and put the phone to my ear. 

It goes straight to voicemail. That's weird she always answers her phone.

I try one more time and...again voicemail. I sigh.

Jace: I'll be home in 10', need to grab some things from office, get ready I have a surprise for you later.

See you baby.

xx Jace

I sent the text and put the phone back in my pocket. I'm kinda nervous for later, I hope she likes the surprise. 

I know she said she didn't want me to help but I couldn't resist, I wanna do something big for her, she deserves everything and I am ready to give her the world.

When I'm finally on my floor I take my office keys out and walk fast towards the door. 

Clary's P.O.V

My vision starts blurring and the only thing I see is this man's dark look.

"You think you can wrap Herondale in your arms? But guess what? He just uses you, he'll throw you away at some point and find a model." he growls having a disgusting smirk which makes my head dizzier.

I try to take his hands off my throat but he's stronger and my tries go wasted. 

"I don't even understand how incapable he is, he and his stupid sister still couldn't find the spy. How pathetic right?" he laughs as I try to take a breath.

Then it clicks in my mind. He's the spy, that's why he was here, he tried to take our newest files. 

"Y-you're the s-spy." I choke out. 

 He slams me to the wall and I whine when I feel my head shake. This sick bastard will kill me. 

"But no one will believe you cause you'll be already dead," he says and his eyes are now dark. His looked almost psychotic.

 I try to take a breath but his grip tightens. Before he could say anything I kick him in his zone with all the power I had left.

He's now loosen and I take the chance and pull away, stepping back and trying to catch my breath. I start taking shaky breaths and rub my throat rapidly from his disgusting touch.

He whines from the pain and backs down holding his pained area. "I'm so gonna kill you annoying bitch..." he hisses and starts walking towards me.

I step back and start running to the door screaming. 

"Help! Someone please!" I shout through the hallway.

Jace's P.O.V

As I locked my door I heard someone scream. I raised my eyebrows. What the hell is happening? 

I put my laptop bag at Kaelie's desk and start walking fast towards the voice. The very familiar voice.

"Help!" I hear when I walk down the stairs in a quick step. 

Wait, is that Clary?

I start running now towards her voice as I heard her cries. What the hell is happening is she hurt?

"Clary?" I shout when I don't hear a thing. I start panicking now.

Before I could enter the VP Department I hear my name and a small body bumps on me.

Clary's P.O.V

 I start running wanting to get the hell out of here. "Help!" I scream, feeling Daniels steps behind me. 

When I hear a voice calling my name. My eyes wide open and I run towards the voice.

"Jace," I whisper when I see his blonde hair. I sigh in relief. Is this really him?

I run to him. "Jace!"

He turns around concerned and pulls me into his chest. "What the hell is happening Clary? Why are you here, why your neck is red?" he starts asking pissed and confused ,his jaw started clenching.

"D-Daniel Roberts from t-the accounting office-he's the s-spy." I stutter feeling my throat hurt. 

His face was now red from the anger and his neck vein was pulsing. "I'm gonna kill him..." he hissed pulling away from me.

"N-no, please stay with m-me..." I cry grabbing his arm and trying to pull him towards me.

"Where is he?" he growls taking out his phone and dialing a number.

I look around he must've heard Jace and tried to run away. I take a shaky breath.

"He's probably trying to escape..." 

"Shit," he curses and waits for the person on the phone to answer. 

"Michael tell Jordan and every other guard from the building to close every possible exit and call the fucking police, the spy is in the company!" he hisses holding his phone so tightly that I thought it would have broken.

I'd never have seen him so pissed and angry, he looked intimidating.

I frowned and came close to him touching his hand. His look softened and then he looked at me worried.

"Are you okay? I'll call Alec to get you to a hospita-"

"I'm fine..." I say burring my face to his chest and inhaling his amazing cologne. He coiled his one arm around me and his other fisted the back of my head brushing soothly my curls.

"I'm so happy you're here, for a minute I thought he will kill me..." I say shutting my eyes.

His grip tightened and I felt his lips on the side of my head.

"I won't let anyone hurt you, I'll protect you with my life."