Chapter 30

I was sitting with Alec as I watched the police officers hand cuff Daniel. Jace was talking to his dad who arrived a few minutes ago.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Alec asks for the 100th time and I just give him a look. I drink a sip from the orange juice he bough me and look again at Jace's direction.

He was now glaring Daniel and he clenched his fists. He then lost control and grabbed his throat.

Me and Alec immediately got up and quickly ran towards them. 

The police officers were trying to seperate Jace from Daniel. He looked pissed.

I get closer to Jace and put my arm around his bicep. His look was dark and his gold hair were falling on his face.

"Jace, calm down..." Stephen said and got in front of him to block him. Alec pulled him towards him holding tight his waist so he won't attack.

"Jace, he's not worth it..." I whisper resting my hand on his chest. 

Jace turned his look to me and his features softened. He nodded and then turned again to look at Daniel who was glaring me.

I returned the glare.

"Take him." Jace said through his gritted teeth.

* * *

After the difficulft afternoon me and Jace were finally in his apartment. I was exhausted and the same was going to Jace. My throat hurted a bit but I woudn't tell Jace he worried enough for me today.

I can't have him going to the hospital with me. I'll live. 

Jace threw his jacket on the couch and turned to me. "I'll go take a shower..."

I nod and give him a small smile. He than leaves me in the living room alone.

I sigh and throw myself on the couch. What a day!

Jace seemed really tensed, I worry about him, so many things happen the last few weeks. Why can't we just take a little break?

Anyway, everything is alright now. Daniel would be behind bars and his life will be a living hell. Jace will make sure of it.

One thing that I noticed the past 2 months with Jace is that he is not really trusting and forgiving person, he was angry as a kid because he didn't have his biological family with him. 

He felt like a stranger, this is the worst feeling. I'll try to be his new family and protect him from his demons. 

Because I love him and will always be there for him. Like he always is with me these last few months. I closed myself for a long time and now I'm willing to open up, only for him.

I get up from the couch. Maybe I should join him...

I take off my green dress with one move and throw it to the couch behind me, then I finally free my hair from the ponytail I had earlier.

I feel my hair falling softly to my bare shoulders and back making me relax. 

Mr. Herondale I'm coming.