Chapter 24

Jace's P.O.V.

"Come on baby, talk to me..." Clary stopped crying a while ago. She's been quiet all this time and I was so worried. 

What the hell happened?

I ran a calming hand down her back as she shoved her face into my chest like a little kid. She was adorable.

But I couldn't stand seeing her beautiful green eyes sad and wet.

Whoever made my girl cry will have to hide." Clary, come on please tell me." 

I hear her sniff and she shooks her head. Suddenly green eyes look my gold ones. They were puffy and red. 

I wipe her wet cheeks with my thump and kiss her forehead. "So?" I ask softly.

"I-its just, everyone knows about us."

I raise my eyebrows confused "So?"

She sighs and looks away. "You don't understand how this affects me."

"What?" 

"Jace, everyone in the company thinks I'm your slut!" she hisses leaving me surprised. I never have seen her like this before.

I frown. Why would people think that? Her expression is still hard and sad.

Suddenly I felt anger boiling in my blood. Is this why she so sad? Did someone say something about it?

I'm gonna destroy whoever treats Clary like that.

"Who said that to you?" I said clenching my jaw. 

Her expression softens and she brings her hands to cup my face. Her fingers ran softly and touch my light stubble.

"Jace, it's okay I can deal with it." she says softly.

I shake my head. "No, I won't allow somebody insulting you in my damn company, tell me who the hell spoke to you or put you these thoughts."

She frowned and took a breath. "I promise you, I will deal with it alone and if it continues I'll talk about it..." Clary smiles sadly and comes closer to me.

I'm still pissed at what she told me but I'm not gonna argue right now, she's still sad.

 I'm gonna find who the hell put these thoughts in her head. No one will insult my girl.

"Okay..." I nod kissing her temple and pulling her more into me. Her small arms wrap around my shoulders and she rests her head on my shoulder.

I bury my face into her neck and inhale her sweet scent. Mm... vanilla.

"I'm so glad I find you..." I whisper softly in her ear closing my eyes as she started running her fingers in my hair.

She shook her head and looks at me. A small smile curled into her lips.

"Me too..."

I smile back and give her a small peck on the lips.

Clary's P.O.V.

When I got home from work I was feeling so much better. Jace made my mood like always. 

I didn't want to leave him, but he had a lot of work to do. And I understand he's a businessman and the big CEO of the best marketing companies.

He has a responsibility. But I wish he wouldn't work so hard. He needs to relax. 

The best thing though is that he will take me out for dinner tonight and then we'll go to his apartment.

I can wait to restart what we hadn't finished last night. 

Speaking of last night...

I still need to talk to Simon and sort things out. I can't lose my best friend for a misunderstanding. 

Besides, I know he won't be mad forever. He can't live without my stupid jokes.

I sigh as I fell on the couch tired from this intense day. I won't let their negativity pull down my confidence. 

I have Jace now. I don't care if my coworkers don't appreciate me. But it still sucks being a theme for their stupid rumors.

Is it like its High School all over again. 

I shake my head, I don't even want to remember how disgusting was Daniel with his nasty and disrespectful comment.

I could make Jace fire him, but I'm not gonna do that, I can handle him.

I think...

I yawn and my eyes shut for a sec. Maybe I should take a nap. Jace will pick me up at 8 anyway.

I had still 4 hours till then.

I just needed to put an alarm 2 hours before he comes. I need to take a shower and get ready.

I get up from the couch and yawn again, I can't wait to bury myself in my bed and sleep all the negativity of the day and then enjoy my dinner date with Jace.

* * *

As I was blow-drying my hair after the shower I heard the keys and the exit door open.

Simon came.

I was nervous to say the truth, we never had a fight like this...Well, this is not a fight but still, he's mad at me.

I turn off the blowdryer and put it to the sink. I wear my robe and walk out of the bathroom.

"Simon?" I call out and finally meet his brown eyes looking at me with a frown.

He looks at me blankly. "Whats up?" he murmurs and passes by me to his room. I frown and take a deep breath.

Seriously?

I start to get angry and my hands turn into fists.

I turn around and follow him to his room. I really can't understand his problem!

"Simon, what the hell is your problem?" I say, anger takes me over. I usually am a calm person but right now, I can't be.

Enough! 

"You ignore me when I wanted to talk to you and then you won't even look into my eyes!" I raise my voice.

He looks at me frowning. 

"What wrong with you? I can't understand what I did to upset you!" I felt my eyes water. They were angrer tears. 

He sighs and shakes his head. "You know what? Forget it..." 

I couldn't believe my ears. He continues to ignore me!

"Are you serious? what did I do? Why are you acting like that?" I feel a tear roll down my cheek.

Why I'm always crying. I'm so weak... 

He had a mad expression, a serious face and I never have seen him like that. He almost looked wrecked.

Simon takes a deep breath and clenches his fists. 

"You know why I'm like that?" he says while walking closer to me. 

I shake my head waiting for his answer. 

"It's because I'm in love with you! And I'm fucking jealous!" 

💔Vote and comment💔