Chapter 7

Clary's P.O.V

My laugh stops when my eyes lock with those familiar gold orbs.

What the f-

"What happened dear?" Ithuriel looks at me confused.

My eyes scan how Mr. Herondale walks towards me with a small smile.

From where he popped out?

I already can't get him out of my head and now he's everywhere.

"Hello Clary." his lips curl a small grin.

I look at Ithuriel who now looks at me with a smile. A cocky smile.

Then I turn my gaze to Jace.

"Hello, Mr. Herondale..." I say shyly. "This is Ithuriel..." I introduce him to my friend.

Jace turns his eyes to Ithuriel and gives him his hand. Something that surprises me.

"Jace Herondale." they shook their hands into a manly shake and Jace gives him a small and kind smile.

"Ithuriel."

"Wow, that's an interesting name."

"Thank you." Ithuriel says.

After that, there's an awkward silence between us.

"Um...I should probably get going, my break is almost finished." I announce and avoid Jace's eyes.

I get up from the bench. Then I throw my half-eaten hotdog into the trash.

This whole time I feel Jaces eyes on me and my heart beats faster.

I turn to Ithuriel and take his hand. "I will see you tonight at dinner, I hope you bring Mrs. Magdalena..." I smile at him sweetly. 

"Of course." he responds me the warm smile and squeezes my hand.

My eyes meet Jace's.

"I'll walk you." he says.

Isn't this kinda inappropriate? But he's my boss and head of the whole company so nobody will say something to him.

I nod shyly.

I wave at Ithuriel and seconds later Jace's hand was on my back and we started walking.

"Who was that?" he broke the silence between us.

"What?"

"The man you were sitting with?"

I look at him. "Ithuriel?"

"Yeah." he nods.

A small smile curls into my lips. 

"He's a friend I met here." I say remembering the first time he spoke to me and gave me advices to survive New York.

Ithuriel is a good old man from New York's retirement home. I met him on that bench, he has told me a lot of stories, and sometimes he comes to our flat for dinner. 

He doesn't have a family, his wife died a year ago. He is really an amazing man. I wish I could do more about him, he deserves better.

He's like the granddad I never had. His heart is warm and beautiful. I wish more people were like Ithuriel. He's a literal bless from the angels.

"Well, it's really nice of you to buy this homeless man a hotdog." 

I turn and look at him confused. 

Did he just say Ithuriel was a homeless man?

"Ithuriel is not homeless, he's from the NY's retirement home." I say like its the most obvious thing in the world.

He raises his eyebrows in surprise.  "Really?"

Before I could answer I feel one arm pulling my own.

"Watch out!"

A motorcycle run right in front of me with extreme speed. Seconds later I was in Jace's arms.

My heart starts beating faster and then I take a deep breath still not realizing what happened.

Our eyes lock and I feel him tighten his grip on me. His one arm was wrapped around my small waist and the other held my cheek softly.

My hands were resting on his hard chest and we were so close.

How this happened again?

I stare deep into his gold eyes. He just saved me.

My throat suddenly feels dry as hell and I can't say a word.

"Are you okay?" his hoarse voice was soft and full of concern making me melt on him.

Still not realizing what happened I nod my head unsurely.

"You should be careful and look at the road." now his voice had waves of anger.

"I-I will, I'm sorry." I stutter looking at his lips.

"Why are you apologizing?" he gets closer and his thumb brushes softly my bottom lip.

I'm hypnotized by his stare and his puffy plump lips.

"I don't k-know..."

He was getting closer and closer and I was feeling more and more nervous but I swear to god I never wanted someone to kiss me in my whole 22 years of existence so much like I do right now.

By him, I wanted to feel his lips on mine.

A loud ring coming from Jace made him pull a little away from me.

I come to reality and watch him as his grip loosens a little.

He takes his phone from his pocket, pulling away from me. Then he answers quickly turning away.

A frown is drawn on my face.

God, why I am so stupid.

Why would Jonathan Christopher Herondale CEO of the company and my boss kiss me?

An odd girl, a simple secretary. 

He can't literally have any woman he wants.

He just feels pity for me, cause I'm so clumsy and stupid.

"Yeah, I'll be right back as soon as possible, thank you Kaelie." he declines the line and puts his gold iPhone in his pocket.

I feel his gaze on me but I quickly looked down when he ended the call, I bet my cheeks are a crimson red color.

"Clary we need to go."

I nod still looking down and start walking .

I wanted to avoid him for some reason. I walked faster.

"Clary wait!" I heard him behind me.

"Dont run like that, you may run on a motocycle again." he chuckles but with some seriousness.

My heart melts from his small laugh. He sounds like an angel.

But I should stop thinking about him.

He makes me distracted and I dont need a distraction right now.

I hope you enjoyed. Vote and Comment♥🌹⭐

Xx Al 💕