A Grander Trial

Lillie's POV

There are so many people here just for two grand trials. The news got out about the Team Skull attack and how we fixed up the town so there were media people set up all over.

With a little more work we got a nice stage for the middle of town and for battles. The chance of it surviving Ash's battle is slim though. "Ready to watch Zorua?" I asked nervously. I'm not used to full out battles yet.

She nodded eagerly ready to see her friends compete. If Zorua isn't battling I wonder who is...

I looked up as the referee stepped up in their usual position. "This will be a single battle between the challenger Ash and Kahuna Hala. Only-"

"Wait," Hala boomed over the referee. "How about we make this more exciting?"

Ash gave a confused look at Hala. "What do you mean?"

"Ajat are you ready to battle?" Hala looked over at Ajat.

"Of course but we agreed Ash was going to go first." Ajat said stepping beside Ash.

"If it's okay with Ash I would like this to become a double battle," Hala said as Ash and Ajat looked surprised.

Ash looked at Ajat, "Double battle it is," Ash smirked.

The referee sighed like this happens on a daily basis. "This is now a double battle between the challengers Ash and Ajat and Kahuna Hala. No substitutions, any more additions?"

They all shook their heads no and called out their Pokémon. "Bagon." Ash called.

"Charmander." Ajat released his fire type.

"Makuhita, Crabrawler time to fight," Hala said fired up.

"Bagon dragon breath on makuhita," Ash must be trying to get a head start.

"Sand attack to block," Hala said calmly. Makuhita dug up the sand and dispersed the purple breathe of energy.

"Charmander try an ember attack on Crabrawler," Ajat called out. Charmander shot the balls of fire at the purple crab Pokémon.

"Power up punch Crabrawler," Crabrawler's blue punching glove like claws moved at a pretty fast speed and easily got rid of all the flames. Ash and Ajat can't get a hit...this might not go well.

"Makuhita arm thrust on Bagon, Crabrawler use pursuit on Bagon." Ash and Ajat were too stunned at the chance of strategy to respond. The two Pokémon landed the physical attacks and Bagon and Charmander were pushed back.

"Cmon guys wake up," Hannah yelled at the two boys. Ash still looked lost in his head while Ajat perked up a bit.

"Charmander try a scratch attack," Ajat called out. It was for a lost cause though. Charmander ran up claws out at Makuhita but was met up with an arm thrust.

Charmander was struggling to get up while Ash still hasn't said anything. "Work together guys," I yelled out trying to get them going. Ash looked over at me and gave his trademark smile. Pikachu and Zorua gave a small cheer.

I watch Ash whisper something to Ajat quickly while Hala raised an eyebrow at them. "Bagon protect Charmander okay," Ash said. Hopefully his plan is good enough.

"Bagon charge in with headbutt at Makuhita," Ash said confidently. Really? That's all he could come up with.

"Both of you focus on Bagon," The two Pokémon got into a defensive stance with their respective fighting type moves ready. This isn't going to end well.