Uncontested

Bonnie's POV

"If these are just some random trainer's Pokémon, are they going to listen?" I hear one of the competitors ask.

"They'll listen just fine," I assure them while getting my balance on the board. "Ready Milotic?" I ask the majestic Pokémon. She nods and looks straight ahead at our first obstacle. It looks like we're doing some hurdles first. I look over at Lapras, can he jump that high.

I feel like bragging rights are the main reason why all of Ash's Pokemon agreed. I laugh and look at all their determined faces. "On your marks," I hear Sarah say.

"Get set," I pull the rope tighter so I won't get caught up in the jumps.

"Go!" I don't know if anyone saw us start because there was so much water pushed up I couldn't see. I feel myself move up, Milotic has this in the bag.

"Good job," I praise as we expertly pass this stage. I take the time to look back, the person with Totodile can't control his hyper ness and he's swimming all over. 1 down. I see an ice bridge and a Lapras on top. Never would have thought of that. I lean into the left turn so I don't fall off. I think it made a wave because the person with Dewott was knocked off and out of the race. 2 down.

"Head for that market way out there," I command. A small red lit up flag was bobbing up and down. It can't be this easy... Is that a wave? A huge wave was forming and it was length wise with us. "Just try to ease into it," I say. Milotic kept her calm and are now tilted up the inside of the wave.

"Oooo that didn't look too good," I heard Sarah say over the loud speaker. "The Buizel team took a tumble in that wave." 3 down. Our wave was starting to close in on us.

"A little bit faster," I say as I keep looking up at the impending doom. We weren't going to make it so I lie down flat and hope for the best. I close my eyes and I feel the warm water rush over us. I held the handles as tight as possible until it was over. "Awesome," I cheer and stand back up.

I look back as we are about to reach the flag and notice Squirtle and Gyarados the closest to us. I see a frozen wave which means the Lapras team is using the same strategy for each course.

The flag had an arrow pointing to the right so that can only mean one thing. "Turn right towards the buoys," I say and Milotic turns left.

"Your other left," I laugh and Milotic rushes back on track. "Just find the easiest path through."

I saw Squirtle's team zoom past us with the advantage of being smaller. I look back quickly and see Lapras having trouble with all the twists and turns. Unless something big happens it looks like us four are going on but bragging rights are more important.

We make it out and turn back towards the beach. "You can catch up," I encouraged Milotic. Gyarados and Greninja were well behind meaning we are second at least.

We were slowly inching closer but we were running out of race left. All of a sudden Milotic found a sixth gear and we were now neck and neck. "We got this," I say while pulling my tether rope tighter.

Ash's POV

All I could see was a huge splash of water when Milotic and Squirtle crosses the finish line and stopped before hitting shore. "The winner is," Sarah started while looking into a replay device.

"Squirtle and Kayla!" Sarah cheered. The water type Pokémon are going to be hearing about this for a long time. Gyarados and Greninja came in and I went over to return them like the other four I already have.

I pushed through the crowd that was looking at my golden Gyarados. "How did you catch such a rare Pokémon?" A tourist asked.

"Luck," I shrugged and returned them. "Good try Bonnie," I said and returned Milotic. She nodded and went off to get ready for the appeal round.