A Ghostly Trial

Ash's POV

"Ash it's way too late to do the trial," Lillie whines as just us two head toward the Thrifty Megamart.

"Your Mom said it's better at night," I recount as we walk along the greyish sand beach. Lillie sighed and we walked up a set of stairs leading to an abandoned store.

"Welcome," a voice came from behind us. Lillie jumped but settled down once she realized it was just a girl who looked younger than us. "I'm Acerola."

She had purple bushy hair and I dark purple dress that went down to her knees.

"I came for the trial," I inform the strange trial captain.

"Okay I don't actually battle in my trial though," Acerola states and sat down on a bench outside. "You just have to take a picture of a Gastly, Haunter and Gengar with this camera."

She handed me the small device. "Pikachu let's go," I take the mouse from Lillie and we charge in.

"I'm staying out here," Lillie states and sat down beside Acerola while letting out Umbreon.

We enter the dark store and it had a really chilling feel to it. Suddenly a grocery cart started rustling. Without command Pikachu shocked it and a fainted Gastly appeared.

I took a picture and left an Oran berry for him. I heard a sound from the other side of the Megamart and we ran over there. I felt something trip me and I fell on my face.

"Pika Pikachu pipi," Pikachu started laughing.

"Haunter," The purple ghost Pokémon laughed from above me. I snapped a picture and it flew away scared from the flash.

"Jokes on him," I mutter and dust the dirt off my clothes.

"Gengar," I hear. The limited the lights started flickering and the shelves started rattling.

"Pikachu shock everywhere," I commanded. He deviously smiled and I realized the mistake I made. Being the incredibly obedient Pokémon he is, he followed my order perfectly and shocked everything and everyone in the building...

Including me. I fall down from the shock and I hit the ground hard for the second time. "Good job," I say sarcastically.

"Pika," He smiled and gave a thumbs up. I rolled over and noticed a Gengar laid beside me. I quickly take a picture and then close my eyes.

"Mimi," I open my eyes and roll on my side.

"What is that!?" I yell. It looked like Pikachu but it's face was coloured by a kindergartener. It slowly crawled away. I looked at Pikachu and he shrugged so we followed it.

It is towards s hidden door that led to a small room. Inside were many pictures of famous Pikachus including us. "You're a Pikachu fan?" I guessed.