Past, Present and Future

Bonnie's POV

"Well guys," I sigh to Jolteon, Star and Emolga who are crowded around me on the small boardwalk. The waves gently flow under the wooden structure and I breath in the salty ocean air. "That's it for this year."

I'm disappointed for sure, but I mean who wouldn't after having the year coming to end with a loss. The way I loss also doesn't help but I knew what I was getting into with Emolga. I've never been one to look at the negative side of things though. Sure we could have maybe done better but that's only a bunch of what ifs. I just have to keep looking forward to a bright future that me and my Pokémon certainly have.

"Mol," The flying type sighs clearly disappointed in herself. It is partly her fault that they were losing during the whole course of the battle but sometimes you have to focus on the experience rather than the result.

"It's okay Emolga," Bonnie assures her Unova Pokemon. "Cilan told me that all Emolgas have very stubborn natures and I wanted to face that challenge head on."

"And it's not like it was because Emolga disrespects you," I hear Ash say as the wooden boards creak beneath his feet. "She still battles her heart out at the end while listening to your every command."

"Unlike another flying type I know," Gary smirks. A story is coming...

"We'll get back to that," Ash glares at his fellow Pallet Town native. "Anyways I think you were able to learn a lot during that battle."

"You're right," I smile. "Emolga likes to be a lone Mightyena and I need to work on better movesets."

"Bonnie if you keep picking up on stuff like that you'll be a top battler in no time," Gary says. "And if that doesn't work you can become a Pokémon researcher like me since you have a pretty observant set of eyes."

"Are you sure you want her in your field Gary?" Ash smirks. "I thought you wanted to be the number one Professor in the world?"

"It's okay Gary," I giggle. "I'll let you be number one since I'm going to stick to Pokémon competitions."

Gary sulks on the ground while Ash tries to get back on subject. "Also remember that making the semifinals on your first try is pretty good," Ash smiles.

"I'm actually kind of happy I didn't win," I admit. "If it was easy, I would never have the fun of working hard to get better. It's better to work hard towards a goal than sit at the top if the world and lazily do nothing."

"Winning is pretty good too though," Gary chuckles. "So don't forget that winning is still good as long as you don't get caught up in the spotlight."

"How would you know?" Ash jokes.

I was expecting the auburn haired teenager to sulk as usual but he was ready for once. "Right back at' cha," He smirks.

"Touché," Ash sighs. "Maybe I'll turn it around this time though."

"You are the favourite," I shrug.

"Favourites like to choke," Gary smirks.

"I've always been an exception," Ash chuckles. "Ever since day one."

"I want to see the finals so we should probably get going," Gary suggests.

"Wait, what other flying type were you talking about?" I ask him.

"Oh no," Ash mutters.

"Bonnie have you heard of how Ash got defeated in his first ever league?" Gary asks me.

"Not that I can remember," I answer.