Explanations and a Few Battles

Kukui's POV

"Rattata is completely confusing Torterra," I comment.

"He's so small he can run under and around Torterra easily," I add.

"Torterra fall down!" Kimo orders. The massive Pokémon spread his legs out and crushed the Alolan Rattata into the ground.

"That's one way to end the battle," I laugh as Torterra stood back up. "Looks like power came out on top this time."

"Now it's time for Boldore and Umbreon to face off," I announce.

Lillie's POV

"Umbreon use dark pulse!" I command. The black eon Pokémon fired the dark type attack straight at the blue rock Pokémon.

"Defend with power gem," Keanu orders. Boldore's red gems flowed brightly and multiple smaller rocks fired out and blocked the dark pulse. "Iron defense!"

"Quick use shadow ball!"

Umbreon charged the ghostly ball and hurled it towards Boldore who was shining brightly. The attack landed but the increased defence made it look weak.

"Rock slide!"

The rocks started to form above the battlefield. I could try psychic but that can only last so long. There is that move Ash talked about using with Pikachu but it may be too much for her...

"Umbreee," She screamed as the rocks came closer to Earth.

"Use iron tail to climb up the rocks!" I order. Let's hope this works...

She nodded and her long silky tail became as hard as steel. She jumped from rock to rock, occasionally swinging her tail to help propel herself up. "Noo!" I yell as a rock came out of nowhere and took her down. I watched her helplessly go crashing into the now rocky battlefield.

A muffled cry came from the pile of rocks she was buried under. "Use psychic to get out of there!"

The rock pile gained a blue tinge and they started levitating above a determined Umbreon.

"Pikaaa!" I hear a cheer. I look over to see the electric mouse standing on one of the borders in front of the first row. He must've really wanted to see Umbreon battle if he got here all by himself.

Umbreon smirked and the rocks started swirling around in the air. "Bo-l-dore u-se ir-on defence," Keanu stutters.

The swirling twister of rocks slowly approached Boldore who was starting the iron defence process. He seemed to be getting pulled in almost but his weight kept that from happening. One by one the spinning rocks rammed into the sturdy rock type that was glowing silver.

Eventually Umbreon couldn't hold the control any longer and all the rocks that were still in her hold dropped. "Boldore use stone edge!"

"Smash through with iron tail!"

Umbreon jumped back as the massive rock attack shot out of the ground. She did a Pikachu style iron tail flip and broke through. She kept going and took everybody by surprise when she hit the unprepared Boldore with the super effective attack.

"How is that thing still standing?" I sigh. "Iron defence is way too op."

"Boldore use power gem!" Keanu yells.

"Finish this by dodging and landing another iron tail!"

The Pikachu lover smiled and made her way around every launched rock. She did a tail whip motion and finished the battle.