Remember Those Trial Battle Things

Ash's POV

"How long are we going to walk?" I whine. "These Pokeballs are getting pretty heavy."

"Suck it up," Lillie giggles.

Kukui wanted us to have all of our Pokémon there for the finals. I wish there was an easier way to carry them all around. Lillie wanted to get to the stadium really early and so early the sun still hasn't risen. Our destination was lighting up the sky with its blue colour.

"Almost there," I groan as I shift Lillie's duffel bag which I, yes I was carrying it. "So why did you want to come so early?"

"Just to see if you would get up," The evil Aether child laughs.

"Really?" I sigh.

"I just wanted our last morning walk to last a little longer," She smiles.

"Maybe it doesn't have to be our last..." I smile back.

"Do you hear that?" Lillie asks.

"Uhh no," I say as I perk up my hearing. The whole area was silent and no person of Pokémon was in sight.

"There," Lillie states. I shake my head, "Again."

"I heard it that time," I say and we run towards the sound. It was more of cry for help and I'm pretty sure it was a Pokémon.

"We've looked everywhere here," I state as we have thoroughly seen every centimetre of Fini stadium.

"But the Pokémon is still crying and it's getting louder," Lillie sighs.

"Did we check that alley?" I question and point to a dark entrance that was between the box stairway and the stadium.

"How'd we miss that?" Lillie says and we quickly run over.

It was sight I've seen way too many times. A Pokémon tied to a stick except this time the Pokémon was injured badly. Lillie hurriedly unties it and the Pokémon jumped into her arms crying into her chest.

Lillie slowly got the female Pokémon to calm down just like a mother would a child. "You'd be great mother," I laugh as I crouch down beside the two.

"I don't know Ash," Lillie giggles as her face went bright red. "But I also don't know why we keep finding Pokémon in bad situations."

"Maybe we were meant to find them," I shrug.

"Maybe we were..." Lillie sighs.

Kukui's POV

Just a few moments until the grand trial battle...

"Why is Gladion up here?" Ash asks as he walks in and sees us getting ready.

"I needed a second announcer," I laugh. His face was filled with so much confusion that it even managed to make Gladion laugh.

"You'll see," Gladion says.

"Let's get this started," I suggest. Every single seat of the stadium was filled with people of all ages. Just another check mark on the success of this tournament.

"Welcome," Gladion boomed into the microphone. "Ladies and gentlemen, I know you all can't wait to see the two finalists battle it out!"

I waited for the noise to die down. "But we will be having an appetizer battle first." There was a mix of curiosity, excitement and confusion in the crowd.

"And it will feature the Kahuna of Ula'Ula island!" Gladion yells. The crowd went wild at the fact that they were going to see a rare battle from Nanu. The Aether son was getting pretty into all of this. Either he is really into the intense battles that are about to happen. Or at the fact that Ash could get embarrassed in front of Lillie. I have a feeling Ash could get blown out and it wouldn't matter to her.