Chapter 10: Why?

Carla's POV
  There were many sleepless nights. I was struggling on whether to speak to Riley about the issue with my ex. My subconscious is telling me to go back to my man but my heart is telling me to take a break. Naralle came in and advised me to talk to Riley and explain the whole situation to him but I just couldn't do it. I couldn't face him. Our relationship was just so screwed. One second we are acting like a loving couple and the next second we are quarreling. Why can I never find happiness in my life?

  Did I tell you that after all the drama I quit my job as a waitress at both restaurants? Yes, I decided to do something the I liked instead of just working to make ends meet. I enrolled myself into college and the term will start in one months time. I haven't told Riley about it but I used the money he deposited into my account to pay for the fees.

  My brother was doing well and he did not struggle as much we before. There were noticeable improvements on his health. After stoning for around thirty minutes, I decided that I will drop by Riley's office to meet him.
I changed out of my clothes into a more formal looking attire. Just as I was about to exit, Chris appeared, standing in my doorway. "What are you doing here!" I clenched my fist as I threatened him. "Well, what a pretty thing we have here!" He pushed me into the living room and locked the door.

  I was worried, scared. Naralle will not be back for a week since she went for a vacation together with her family. Finn will most likely not be back till late at night since he usually goes to the library at this hour. Shit. I immediately pushed him away and turned away from him. "Get lost you bastard!" He just smirked and grabbed my chin. "That's not what you said a few months ago. You were moaning for my touch babe. Let's not forget that!" He forced his lips on mine. I immediately bite hard on his lips. "You Bitch!" He immediately tore open my top and threw it aside. I had tears streaming down my cheeks. I will just rot here with this guy. Just when Chris was going to pry my bra open, Riley barged through the door with the police.

  "Let go of the girl now!" The police had their guns aimed towards Chris. He just released me and I dropped to the floor. While the police put the handcuffs on Chris, Riley rushed to me. "Carla! Carla! Are you alright?" He took off his shirt and covered my exposed body. He hugged me as I cried. Since I was still in a state of shock, the police decided to take my statement at a later date. I just kept crying and screaming. Riley just coaxed me and told me that all was fine.

  After a while, Riley placed me in bed. "Good night babe." He kissed my forehead before settling on a chair beside me.

Riley's Pov
  How dare he do this to her! Luckily I had CCTV installed in her house. I know she might rage and kill me after regaining her composure for keeping tabs on her secretly but I will never regret doing it.

  I better sleep now, I will not have much time to rest, given that I have to see to the needs of Carla. I better ask her more about the Chris guy in order to continue to find more evidence to support us if he ever plead not guilty.

Carla's Pov
  Yesterday's events came tumbling back. I turned and saw Riley sleeping soundly on the chair. He was shivering in cold. I immediately took my blanket and draped it over him. I then sneaked out of the room to find some food.

  As I drank the milk I poured for myself, I recalled yesterday's events. It was horrible to even think of what will be the outcome if Riley didn't come in time. How did he even have the key to my house's lock? How did he even know I was in danger?

  "Hey babe." Riley greeted me with a kiss on my forehead. I just continued drinking. I decided not to bombard him with all the questions first.

  "Oh yes babe, we need to get married soon. Preferably in a month time." I spit my milk out. "Wait what! So soon?" "Yea, my mum is nagging at me. My mum have already started the planning long time ago so it is not that rushed for her." I tried to digest the information. Why is there bombs dropped after bombs? I just nodded at Riley's words. "Carla, that means that you will have to accompany my mum to take your measurements for you wedding gown." "When will that be?" "I will have to check with her on that. It should be tomorrow or the day after tomorrow." With that, Riley left and prepared for work. I sighed inwardly. What a long day it would be man..."

_____*****_____
Wohoo! Sorry for the delay in updating but hope that you guys will enjoy this one although it's a short one.

BTW have you guys read on the breakup, about Zayn and Gigi?

Are you...
1) Team Zayn? ---- [I am team Zayn]
2) Team Gigi?

Word count: 913