Chapter 28: Moving On

Riley's Pov
Once I went back to work, Ritchie sensed something is wrong. I poured out my heart and told him everything. I drank shots after shots and collapsed on the bed, thinking about my tragic life.

The following day, I went back to work. I shouted at my employees and fired at least 20 of them. Everyone who saw me cowered in fear as if holding on to their dear jobs.

"Samantha, can't you do anything right? I told you I wanted the files prepared for Mr Johnson, not Mr Brown!" I slammed the table while lashing out at my secretary.

"I want the correct files presented to me in 5 minutes. MOVE NOW!" I slumped onto my chair in frustration. I know I am acting like a lady on her period but only through anger, I can forget the sadness.

After work, I immediately went to the bar to drink. There were many women that were beautiful but none of them held a candle anywhere near Carla.

"Hey sir, want to have a good time?" She sat on my lap and started grinding against me. The drunk state that I was at deceived me into thinking that it was actually Carla and I gave in.

I nibbled her neck giving her a hickey and rubbed her breasts. She moaned in pleasure and continued twerking against my crotch. I could feel myself getting a hard-on.

"Why not we go somewhere private to continue this babe?" I whispered softly in her ear. She giggled in response and we left for a hotel.

Immediately once we entered the room, our lips connected and our clothes were immediately discarded.

*inserts mature content* (you guys know what happens next so I'm not writing it haha)

The next morning, I woke up disoriented. How is there a chick next to me? Both of us are naked, sleeping on the same bed, that could only mean one thing: we had sex. Verdammt! (damn it in german) How could I be so stupid, how could I do this to Carla? I know I said I wanted to move on but having a one night stand is a total no!

I quickly grabbed my clothes and hailed a cab to send me back to my penthouse. I messaged Ritchie to inform him that I would not be heading to work today.

I reached my penthouse and I could still vaguely smell a tinge of Carla's presence. The feeling of entering the house without her is really painful. My heart throbbed thinking of her.

I poured myself a cup of bourbon and went to bed, hoping that the alcohol and sleep would numb the pain I was feeling.

Carla's Pov
I am not sure whether I had made the right choice.

Today was the day of my first chemotherapy session. I am nervous. Will it be painful? Will I be able to work normally after the chemotherapy? Will it help cure cancer? I went to the clinic will a heavy and worried heart.

I saw most of the patients had their family members with them, some had their husbands hugging them tightly whereas the others had their parents caressing them gently. I felt a wave of loneliness wash over me. I was here alone, with no one to take care of me. I held back my tears and went to the counter to register.

After a few minutes of waiting, the nurse led me to a chair. They had my arm out and inserted a tube with a needle on the top into my vein. The feeling of the needle entering my vein stang a hell lot.

After a period of time, the tube was removed. Almost immediately, I started vomiting. A wave of nausea hit me. The nurse immediately handed me some medication to make me feel better. After resting for around 15 minutes, I felt better and was fit to take the bus home.

Once I reached home, I wrapped a scarf tightly around my scalp to prevent hair loss. I poured a cup of tea and went to rest. Chemotherapy is really hard.

When I woke up, I dropped a call to Everleigh (boss of Crist Bakery).

"Hi Everleigh, I apologise for not reporting to work. So much had happened, I would tell you in detail what had happened another time. But now, I am under the course of chemotherapy. I am unsure of whether would you still accept as your worker."

"Of course I would dear! I mean it when I said that the doors are always open for you. Feel free to come back when you feel better!" I breathed out a sigh of relief. At least I did not have to spend time finding a new job.

I rested for a while and went to prepare dinner. Since I did not have much of an appetite, I just ate chicken salad and then went to bed. The chemotherapy session really killed me.

I wonder how's Riley doing.

Riley's Pov
I could not stop thinking and worrying about Carla, which is why I decided upon hiring a private investigator to locate her and then instructed one of my guards to follow her wherever she goes.

He sent me a picture of her at a bakery, wearing an apron. I guess she is working at the bakery. Hopefully, they are treating her well. I better drop a call to the boss of the bakery.

"Hello, may I know if this is Crist Bakery?"

"Yes, I am Everleigh, the owner of this bakery. May I know how to help you?"

"I am Riley King, you most probably know me. I am somehow related to Carla and can you take good care of her while she's there? I would pay you, just name your price."

"My King, I see Carla as if she is my own daughter, I do not need a reward to take good care of her."

"That is good to hear. Please do not tell her that I have called. Please prepare 100 blueberry muffins for me. Thank you. I will get someone to collect it later."

"Sure Mr King."

*****___*****

HEY! YES, THIS IS DONE BEFORE XMAS!

HOPEFULLY, I CAN UPLOAD ANOTHER CHAPTER BEFORE 2019 ENDS! PLEASE GUYS IT WILL MEAN ALOT TO ME IF WE CAN HIT 100K BEFORE THE YEAR ENDS!

HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!

Word count: 1059 words