Chapter 16: Vacation

Carla's Pov
The next morning, we left early and arrived at the airport. Apparently, Riley owns his very own private jet. Why am I not surprised? We entered the jet and were greeted by the pilot, Mr Sim.

"Welcome abroad, I hope you will be comfortable for the rest of the trip." He shook hands with both of us and an air stewardess brought us to our seats. The interior was so posh. We settled into the cushioned seats and were served by a waitress.

"Good morning Mr and Mrs King, what would you like to have for your meal?" I raised my eyebrow at the "Mrs King" and looked at Riley. He just smirked at me.

I flipped through the menu and decided that the beef steak with mashed potato lookes appetising.

"I would have a beef steak with mashed potatoes." I closed my menu and Riley said that he will have the same as me.

"So, how are you liking it so far babe?" Riley asked me and kissed the back of my hand.

"Well, it's great." I blushed at the endearment and we continued to talk for a while about random things u til the food came.

Why can't this stupid thing be cut with a knife? I was saying the beef steak like a lunatic but to no avail.

Riley saw this and sliced it for me. He even brought it to my mouth.

I moaned in delight when I tasted the beef. The juice in it is so tasty and I can totally feel it sliding down my gullet (I learn my human anatomy well ok...)

Riley smirked at the sight. "I can make you moan so much louder babe." I flushed and continued eating my steak.

After eating, the waitress cleared the mess and Riley started to reply to some emails while I just looked out of the window and gradually fell asleep.

*****___*****
Riley's Pov
I looked up from my laptop to check how's Carla doing only to find her sleeping on the small uncomfortable chair.

I brushed a lock of her hair aside and carried her into the suite. It was lavish and exactly the standards I had expected.

I placed her on the bed and decided to take a nap as well.

Let's hope everything will turn out fine.

Carla's Pov
I woke up after an hour of deep sleep and felt someone beside me. I turned and saw Riley. He must have carried me to bed. How sweet! He felt me move and fluttered his eyes open.

"How's your sleep babe?" He asked me while rubbing his eyes.

"Well, it was alright." I stood up and made my way to my seat to get my jacket so that I don't feel so cold.

Riley's Pov
Well, I decided to bring Carla to Bali, Indonesia to enjoy the beaches there and then drop by Singapore to have a feel of the country's vibes.

I hope Carla would like it and enjoy this journey.

Carla's Pov
When we reached, we were welcomed wholeheartedly.

"WAIT, WE ARE IN BALI!" I started jumping around and hugged Riley. He just chuckled and took my bag and his suitcase and exited from the plane.

We entered a car and a chauffeur drove us to a hotel in which Riley owns. 😑 Since it was around evening and we were tired from the flight, we decided to have room service and tour tomorrow.

When we reached, I realised the wardrobe contains shirts and clothes of my size. I smiled at the sight. Riley is so thoughtful.

We unpacked all that was in our luggages and took our dinner. The hotel room is really nice.

We cuddled together and unknowingly fell asleep. It was one of the best sleeps I had without having any nightmares.

However, Riley works till midnight sometimes and I do not have the heart to ask him to come home early since I will sound selfish and this is just a deal after all. Despite the fact that I have feelings for him, I know that it's impossible between us, given our social class and everything. He haven't even introduced me to his family yet.

We might not even have a wedding after all if I don't pull through the chemotherapy.

2 months have already passed. Woah! 2 months and I realise that I want to spend my life with Riley. The deal with his father is for another 4 months. If by then I haven't recovered, I will have to leave him and the thought of it makes me feel depressed. The thought of him with another female makes me jealous. But what can I say? After all, time will tell and I shall just see if this is our fate...

Riley's Pov
I woke up to see the bed empty. I went out and saw Carla in the kitchen. When I saw her, I smiled and thought to myself how did I gotten so lucky? But I frowned when I saw her having a face full of worries and she just stared into space. I hugged her from behind. "Babe, what is wrong?"

She was startled but regained her composure. And faked a smile. "Nothing is... is wrong." She tried to fool me but I am not taking any of it.

I turned her around to face me. "Tell me what's bothering you." Her smile faltered.

"It's just, what if I am not able to successfully heal in another 4 months? Then I will have to let you go to another girl. I can't be selfish and have you all to myself when I have nothing but a ton of debt." She started sobbing.

My heart clenched. I went over and embraced her tightly.

"Its going to be fine, everything is going to be fine."

*****___*****
Sorry for the long wait! I was really really busy and just didn't have to vibe to write so please forgive meh! Let's hope to hit 3.5k before I publish the next chapter! ::))
Words count:1009