Chapter 31: Truth

Riley's Pov

I stepped away from the intimate hug we shared moments ago, grabbing her shoulders and checking her once over that everything is fine. 

"Jaslyn and Ritchie must have pulled this whole thing on us," I muttered under my breath, but loud enough for Carla to hear.

"Wait, how do you know Jaslyn told me about this? And how do you even know about Jaslyn?" Her eyebrows creased. 

Shit, I am so screwed. 

"Uhh, Carla, why not we head over to the hotel that has been already booked for us and I will explain everything to you then?" 

She looked sceptical but followed me to the car. 

"Sir, we would be heading to Charalle Oriental Hotel. (Just a really weird remark here but I really love the name Charalle, however, it kinda sounds like Chanel)

The car ride was rather awkwardly quiet. Carla played with the zip on her bag, something she does when she is nervous. 

I pushed her away from me, I am such a failure, I hope she would not be mad regarding what I would be telling her later. 

Carla's Pov

We reached the hotel. It was beautiful, I mean I am not really surprised especially when Riley is a billionaire. 

The hotel had a spiral staircase cutting across the middle of the lobby. It is really a beauty, I am speechless. 

We walked together to the front desk

"Hi, I am Riley King, which rooms would we be taking?" 

The receptionist pushed her buttoned shirt down, revealing more of her cleavage. Seriously, why do these ladies not have the tiniest little bit of self-respect? 

"Let me check for you, sir." She dragged her stiletto nails slowly down his arm. I could see him shuddering in disgust and removing his hand from the desk. I mean, he already has a girlfriend, he would not have eyes for anyone else, not even - (who do you think she wanted to say?)

"You will be taking room 1107, there is only one room registered under your name. This room is our only master suite in this entire hotel. There is a king-sized bed together with other luxuries you would find in this room." 

"What, there is only one room? There should be some sort of mistake. Could we book another room now?"

"Sorry, we are out of rooms now." The receptionist literally glared at me and went back to purring at Riley. 

She then passed Riley the hotel card together with a slip of paper, "Call me when you need me." 

I refrained from gagging and walked with Riley to the lift.