Chapter 18: Gone

Carla's Pov
  I just arrived at London. I am like a blur soul. I decided to rent an apartment and I did that last night before I left. I know it's nothing grand or luxurious but I guess we shall have to deal with it.

  I decided to navigate my way to my apartment since it was just 2km away from where I was currently at. The walk took around an hour but I guess it's nice enjoying the surroundings while walking. When I arrived at my apartment, I opened the door and realised that it was completely a mess. In case you guys are wondering, I bought a cheap phone before leaving the airport in Indonesia. It was less that a hundred dollars and hopefully able to last me for some time.

  I cleared the mess, tidied the sheets, washed the toilet clean, arrange the clothes that I had and decided to not waste anymore time and headed out to find a job.

  I found a bakery opposite my apartment and decided to head over there to check if I could work there.

  I opened the door and was immediately greeted by a lady.

  "Welcome to Crist Bakery!" I smiled back at her.

  "Just to check with you are you guys hiring?"

  "Yes! We definitely are! Are you interested in working for us?"

  "Definitely, however, I do not have my CV or anything." I creased my forehead.

  "That's fine, we do not really need that. Just report to work tomorrow at 8.30am if you are interested. Before you leave for today, let me tell you more about what to expect."

  She briefed me through the work timings, salary, my role, etc... I was really amazed at how patient she was with me. Looks like everything will turn out right, wouldn't it? I hope so at least... (BTW the name of that lady is Everleigh )

Riley's Pov
  "Any information?"

  "Currently no sir. However, we found out that she left the country. We will do our best and update you in the event we found out about anything."

  I threw my phone on my bed and let out a sigh of frustration. In case you guys are wondering, I immediately flew back to my home in the states after realising Carla was missing. This will allow me to better contact the relevant people and it feels more like home here.

  What I am most worried about is that Carla is still a patient and might not be able to hang in there.

  What should I do? My team is not strong enough to complete this mission. The only team that is strong enough to complete this is...

Carla's Pov
  It didn't dawn on me how much I miss Riley. I clutched the photo we first took together close to my heart. Tears trickled down my cheeks and I cried my heart out.

  Why? Why must circumstances always come in our way? Don't I deserve to be happy, after all that I have suffered.

  In order to stay hidden, I also have to sacrifice my relationship with my brother and Naralle. If I contact them, Riley will surely know and it will lead to be going back to square 1. I let out a sigh of frustration and sadness.

  Secondly, I am still a patient, still sick, but I do not have enough money now to undergo treatment. Given that I am not a citizen here, the more I have to work harder to earn more money.

  But can I last that long?

Third person's pov
  "She is alone in UK. Now is a good opportunity, we should not let it go to waste."

  "Hmm, I am still in the states. Let's draft out a plan, get the equipment ready, run through everything twice then call for me again. You know my time is precious. If I am not happy with it, you will be fired."

  "Yes mam!"

Riley's Pov
  I knocked on my dad's office door.

  "Gotten rid of that b**ch already?" He turned his chair around and smirked.

  "You, you..." I raised my hand wanting to punch him in his face. He grabbed my hand and stopped me before doing any damage to his face.

  "Do you have anything to do in this?" He furrowed his brows.

  "In what?"

  "Carla's disappearance."

  "Oh, so she disappeared?" He let out an evil laughter and clapped his hands slowly.

  "Wow, looks like you didn't even need my help." I snatched my wrist from his hand and clenched my fists. How dare he insult Carla like this!

  "Father, this is not the time to joke." He looked at me solemnly when he heard my voice.

  "Why? You need my help?"

  "Yes, please send your team to search for Carla."

  "And why will I do that?"

  "I will pay you a million and promise to spend more time at work."

  "Hmm, sounds like a good offer. Let me think and consider about it."

  I left his office and went home. Once I locked the door to the penthouse, I punched the wall beside me. Why am I so useless? Why can't I even do a single thing to help Carla? Why she suddenly leave me? Is it the fact that I am not good enough for her? Why?

  Even if she doesn't love me back, I will do whatever it takes to make sure she is safe and sound. She is my princess, my only princess.

  I pushed myself to take a shower, freshen myself up and then opened my laptop and continue my hunt for Carla.

*****---*****
Comments people? This chapter is LIT!

Follow me on my socials:
Instagram and YouTube- antesipation

Word count: 942