Chapter 25: Discharged

Carla's Pov
Yes! I'm finally discharged! It has been a hell of a time eating the food there and I was bored.

I know I would have to return soon for chemotherapy but the doctor gave me a week to rest.

Riley have been really caring and he did everything for me.

  Flashback:
  "Babe, are you hungry? Want some soup? I would call the restaurant and have them deliver it here."

  I shook my head and he sat down, reading the paper.

  "Riley, could you read me the paper, I'm bored."

  "Sure babe! 'A woman is found dead in her apartment...'

To think back, he is really the best husband you can ever ask for. He's really passionate and loving, I'm thankful to have him in my life..

As for Naralle betraying me, I am really speechless. I had so much trust in her and yet she backstabbed me. Thankfully, nothing happened to my brother when he's with her. I inwardly sighed in relief.

"Babe, get dressed! We have guests coming over!" He shouted from the kitchen.

Since he didn't allow me to cook, he decided to be the chef for today. In case you are wondering where we are at, he forced me to stay with him at his penthouse. My room was the same as it was, nothing much changed.

Riley has forced me to be on bed rest for the past few days, claiming that I could only leave the bed for the toilet. I felt like a queen but it's really boring staying on the bed all day long.

I went to my closet, thinking of what to wear. Hmm, maybe I should wear this. I held up a dress. It was a black turtleneck dress. It could cover as many of the scars.

I quickly got dressed, applying lip gloss and brushing my hair.

  "Hey Riley, what you got here?"

He turned around and his mouth open and his eyes checking me out.

  "Babe, you look gorgeous!" I blushed and sat on the kitchen stool.

  "What's for dinner?"

  "Let's wait for our guests then have dinner together. I'm not telling you what I cooked or who's coming." He stuck out his tongue at me.

I pouted but he wasn't giving in.

After a few more minutes of waiting the doorbell rang.

Riley went to open the door while I sat at the table, waiting for them.

  "Hey Carla, these are my close friends, Ritchie and Adelá."

  "Wow, you are pretty, why didn't I get you first?" Ritchie shook my hand while I blushed.

Adelá smacked Ritchie and then introduced herself.

  "I'm Adelá, nice to meet you!" Her aura and personality immediately made me like her.
(guy friends flirt)

She captured me in a tight hug.

  "Hi, I'm Carla."

We then all headed to dinner together.

It is mac and cheese, my favourite! This just made me love him even more.

We didn't spare any second and indulged in our food.

After we are finished, we settled on the sofa, watching some random show on the television. Adelá sat with me while Riley and Ritchie discussed something else.

  "So girl, tell me how are you doing? I heard from Riley you just recently recovered."

  "I'm alright Adelá, just a little tired and under the weather on some days."

  "Hey, would you like to go with me on a shopping spree? We could have some girl time!"

  "Hmm, let me ask Riley later."

  "Sure, lemme give you my number." I passed her my phone and she typed her contact in.

  "There you go! Message me once you get his approval!"

Then, Ritchie walked over.

  "We better go now, it's getting late. See you guys soon!"

  "Woah, your friends are nice!" I walked over to the sofa and cuddled with Riley.

  "Yeah, they truly are."

We stayed quiet for a while, just enjoying the moment.

  "Riley, why isn't Adelá dating Ritchie, even a blind man on a horse can tell that they have feelings for each other."

  "Well, I know Ritchie always had a thing for Adelá but u don't know for Adelá."

  "Have you never tried to matchmake them?"

  "No,  I always wanted them to take things in their own hands and they will be together if they are fated to be. Don't tell me you are up to something?"

  "Well, I don't know..."

  "The glint in your eyes tells me everything. You better not do anything, I don't trust you."

  "Hmm, we shall see!"

I walked into the room with Riley trailing behind.

We cuddled in bed, enjoying the silence.

  "Babe, what do you say if we take a short vacation."

  "How's that possible, you have  already spent so much time taking care of me, you should focus on your work."

  "I got Ritchie to cover for me. Apart from that, I will spare some time working, just that I think we need a break."

I know that Riley's father has been breathing down his neck. Whenever he was on a phone call with his dad, his mood would drop and he would try and pretend everything's good. Maybe this break would work out for us...

  "Hmm, I guess it should be fine. What do you have in mind?"

  "That would be a surprise!"

I smiled secretly, it's nice to have a break and everything before chemo starts.

To be really honest, I don't even know if it's best for Riley and me to be together. My past is tainted. He doesn't deserve this treatment. I'm glad to have him but I don't know if he's really glad to have me.

Love is really blind...

Riley's pov
Earlier, Ritchie reminded me to damage the contract.

I know our relationship all started from a contract. Imagine if we were to have kids, we would tell them "oh, mum and dad met through a contract!" I know we didn't start off the right way, which is why I am going to make it right.

I'm going to plan a trip to Barbados. When we're there, I would propose to her.

Mrs King, it has a nice ring to it.

*****___*****
Yayy! Sorry for the wait but it's here!

Question of the chapter: what's ur latest music hit?
Mine is "it's you" by Ali Gatie.

Till next time! Adios!

Word count: 1053 words