Chapter 26: Rejected? Accepted?

Carla's Pov
We touched down and just as I looked out of the window of the aeroplane, I realised we were in Bali, Indonesia! Oh meine Güte! This is my dream country to go to!

"Riley, how did you know I've always wanted to visit Bali? This is fantabulous!" I hugged him and gave him a peck on the cheek. Sadly, he wasn't happy with that and brought my face close to him, our lips moved in sync. I let out a moan and he seized this opportunity to push his tongue into my mouth. After a while, we both pulled away breathless.

"Babe, see what you do to me." Riley guided my hand to his chest. His heart is pounding so fast. I blushed and looked away.

"Let's leave the plane." He tugged my hand and we left.

We first checked into a five star hotel and then decided to head for lunch since it was around 1pm here. Wow jet lag!

The hotel was so grand and perfect

The hotel was so grand and perfect. It was just like an apartment! With a balcony, living room, master bedroom and kitchen. It was fabulous.

"Riley, why did you get such a big space? There's only the two of us?!?"

"Nothing is ever too big babe." He went to the kitchen and poured us a cup of tea.

We quietly sipped on a cup of tea and just enjoyed the silence around us.

"Let's head over to Tony Roma to have our lunch," Riley called his chauffeur to prepare his car.

We arrived and damn the interior is grand!

"We would like to have 2 plates of salmon steak with a scoop of mashed potatoes," Riley ordered for us.

The waitress was annoying. She pushed her cleavage out and seductively touched Riley's hand. I shuddered in disgust. Some people really do not have any manners and boundaries.

Riley sensed my unhappiness and clutched my hand. Our food came in no time. I took a bite of the salmon and inadvertently moan. It's so good! This is heaven!

"Riley thisissogood!" I said with my mouth full of food.

He chuckled and helped me clean off a ketchup stain at the side of my lip. I blushed in embarrassment and went back to my food.

We paid and leave the restaurant. It was around 3.30 in the afternoon and I was feeling tired with the Jetlag and everything.

"Riley could we head back to the hotel? I'm feeling a little tired. We could rest for a bit before heading out for dinner."

"Babe, are you alright? Nothing's wrong huh?" He intensely scrutinised me.

"Nah, I'm great. Just tired."

The chauffeur sent us back to our hotel. Once my back touched the soft, feather-like bed, I fell into a deep slumber.

Riley's pov
Heck, I'm nervous. I don't even know if this would work out.

I put on my suit and red bow tie, matching with her red dress. I always thought red suits her. It brings out her eyes and sharp cheekbone.

I folded her dress nicely and place it into a nice and neat box. I quickly scribbled a note.

"My sweet Carla, inside this box is a lovely red dress, together with all you need. Wear this and head down to the lobby. The chauffeur would send you to me.
Love,
Riley."

I gave her a last peck on the cheek and left for the restaurant I booked, to do final checks and hopefully everything turns out well.

I chose a fairly simple yet delicate set up. Knowing Carla, she wouldn't go for an extravagant set up. It's pretty and tranquil, which makes it even more special.

Carla's PovI can't help but feel nervous when I entered the car

Carla's Pov
I can't help but feel nervous when I entered the car. Riley has never left me alone before. I can't help but smile at the thought he put into making everything feel so special and precious.

Riley's Pov
This is it.

I saw the car pull up and I went forward to open the door for Carla.

"Hey babe." I gave her a kiss on the cheek. My heart is beating so damn fast if only she can feel it.

"Hey Riley, you are looking nervous, are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Don't worry about me babe. Now babe, put on this blindfold and I'll lead you to somewhere ok?"

"Yea sure, I trust you." I slipped on the blindfold and led her to the setup.

"Now, I'm going to remove the blindfold."

Carla's Pov
My heart was beating so fast.

I am nervous. I have a feeling of what this is going to be. But I really think I should stand by my decision.

Riley's Pov
She gasped in surprise, "This is really pretty!"

We went to the table and I cued the waiter to serve us our 8-course dinner.

We just ate in silence, taking in the romantic atmosphere around us.

Carla's Pov
This is way way way beyond my expectations!

I dug into my food. This is really some premium stuff! We just looked at each other and ate silently. I could live here forever.

Riley's Pov
Now, the last course is served. This s**t is getting real.

After she's done eating, I led her to the waterfall. Since it is dark, we can't really see the beauty of the waterfall but the soothing sound seems to soothe both of our hearts.

Carla leans her head on my shoulder. We were gazing at the sky. Such peacefulness, such tranquility.

Now it's time.

Carla's Pov
Riley made me stand up and walk towards a pagoda. It was decorated with fairy lights.

On the floor, it was decorated with rose petals, marking out the words "I love you".

Riley got down on one knee, "Carla, although we started off on wrong terms but throughout this whole journey with you, I learnt a lot. I wanted to sincerely propose to you and spend the rest of my life together with you. You are caring, sweet and thoughtful. I am the luckiest man on Earth to have met you. Will you marry me?"

*****___*****
What's good fam! Sorry for the late update but it's upppp!
Love y'all lots! Send me the ideas y'all got!
Word count: 1049