Chapter 21: Plan or no plan?

Riley's Pov
  The plan as of now is to go straight to where Carla used to live and search for a hidden camera. If all goes as described, then we will track the camera and then hack the system to see where is Carla currently at.

  However, if there isn't a hidden camera at all, we will immediately dial for my father and most likely he will leave clues to lure me into the place where Carla is at. However, we didn't really like this plan because it gives my father an advantage of knowing that we are out on the go to find him. It is better to subdue him unaware although I think he can feel our presence. Father, I am coming.

Flashback (DON'T SKIP THIS)
  "My baby boys, I am back home!" Both Inigo and I ran into his wide arms. He carried Inigo and spinner him around. I was patiently waiting for the spin but was left dejected.

  Although Father did not explicitly hate me or anything like that, everyone could tell that he was more caring towards Inigo. Even a blind man on a horse could see that.

  I was always left thinking why would this happen to me. I always behaved my best, completed my work on time, respected my love ones. But why? Why does he treat me like this. I always often console myself, saying I have my mother's care and I do not need to be too affected by this entire ordeal.

  Years went by and I finally understood why. Father always wanted Inigo to take over his company. He could sense that Inigo was more mature in terms on thinking and that he was more obedient and sensitive. As for me, I always had a glint of mischief and was kinda always up to nothing good, especially when he wasn't around.

  One day, my parents were patiently awaiting for the arrival of my brother. He claimed that he went to run some errands. However, the message that was told to us was that he met with an accident and did not make it.

  I thought since then Father will be closer to me. But I was so wrong. From then onwards, father went out to drink and gamble on a daily basis. Mum and Father's relationship grew worse. Father indulged himself in his work and even hated me more. He said that why can't be the one who passed on, why must it be Inigo. He said quite alot of mean things then. I was already 15 and understood quite alot. To say that I was heartbroken was an understatement.

Carla's Pov
  My head is cracking. I tried to adjust to my surroundings when suddenly a bucket of water was poured on me. It was freezing cold! I opened my eyes immediately.  Who the hell will do that?!?!?

  I opened my eyes and saw a masked man. "Bitch, finally you are awake. Lady boss will come and talk to you in just a bit." He patted, more like slapped, my cheek before walking to guard the door.

  Tears trickled down my face and I wallowed in self pity. Why will this happen to me? Riley, please save me.

  Another head-cracking headache shot across my head. I silently groaned in pain. Not only is my heart cracking, my head too.

  The door opened and in came someone that I least expected.

  "Naralle? What are you doing here? Don't tell me you are the lady boss?!?"

  "How innocent are you Carla? Do you really think I will wholeheartedly agree to look after your brother? And because of you, bitch, you stole Riley from me!"

  "What do you mean?"

  "I have always had my sight on Riley and you stole him from me!" With that, she gave me a tight slap. Why is all of the shocking news tumbling down on me one after other?

Riley's pov
  We are ransacking Carla's apartment now. Currently, we are down with nothing. Where will the hidden camera be at?

  I am trying to recall what is one common place that shows the entire room's view. Time's ticking, Carla is in danger, we have to act fast!

  I rummaged through her items and suddenly got scratched by a sharp side. I hissed in pain. What could that be? Could it be what I am thinking? I took out a black looking item and it was definitely the main factor for Carla's whereabouts. However, this doesn't look like a hidden camera.

  "Ritchie here!" He ran in and examined the piece of alien looking thing. "I think this is a SD card! We can use this to track their location."

  Finally, I sensed hope. "Let's quickly do it and hopefully there will be some success out of this!"

  I continued rummaging Carla's items. Somehow, by doing this, it allows me to feel calmer as if I can feel a part of her still with me.

  Just as I wanted to arrange everything neatly to it's place, I saw something that caught my eye. 

  "Ritchie, it's a hidden camera!"

  "Great! Cos I can't hack into this SD card."

  We quickly did the necessary drills and hacked into the system. Howeve, the system used weird codes and sumbols in which we didn't understand.

  "Should we just visit the one that is nearest to us?" I pointed to the location bubble.

  "But if we are going to do this, it will take forever!"

  We looked at each other and inadvertently sighed.

  Suddenly, I realised something that has a high possibility of being true.

  "Ritchie, ur phone keyboard has at least 2 pages right??? Maybe this is the code! Let's search for the universal phone keyboard pages and then work towards that."

  "Ohya! Why didn't I thought of that???

   We deciphered the code and realised that the short phrase with Carla's name in it states: to be savoured at 4pm. We looked at our watches, we're too late...

*****___*****
Thoughts? HAHAH left you guys on another cliffhanger! BTW question of the chapter : high or ankle socks?

BTW can we hit 13k before the next time i update? I am sure we can do it right?

Word count : 1037 words

😽😽😽