Chapter 13: Realisation

Carla's Pov
  A few days later, I was discharged. Riley treated me like glass. He was gentle with me and didn't allow me to get out of bed.

  Soon after, it was the day of my operation. You might be thinking about the reason behind me having to undergo the operation. Well, before chemotherapy can be done, the source of the cancer cells will first have to be removed (btw this is my own logic after my mum undergo some operation and thankfully she isn't a cancer patient). The risk of me being brain dead after the surgery is high since it is an open surgery. However, Riley stayed positive and made me believe that I will heal perfectly fine. With that, we carried out the operation.

  "Riley, I an scared." I trembled slightly as Riley came over and cover my hands with his.

  "Babe, just make sure you will not give up. You will fight against this illness. After all these, we will get married and go for a long vacation. Alright?" I nodded my head and leaned my head against his shoulder.

  Clearly, I don't have a choice in the final outcome. My live, my fate, lies in the hands of God (I am not Christian but I shall use the term God loosely).

  A few days ago, I written notes for my loved ones: Riley, Naralle and Finn.

Dear Riley,
  I know we didn't meet romantically, we met through a business deal (sorta). But this being said, I want you to know that I will always treat you as my husband despite we are not legally married. You cared for me, you tended to me and you cheered me when I am down. Actually, I never said that three words before but I love you. You never fail to amaze me, you never fail to make my heart beat fast. Lastly, you treated me as your own.

  If you are reading this letter, most likely I wouldn't pull through the operation. But I want you to move on. Do not dwell on the fact that I am no longer living on this world. Do not blame yourself for my death. And lastly, find yourself a wife, start your own family.

  Please forget all that we had, focus on the future, stop dwelling on the past. I know you are capable of it.

LOL (Lots of love),
Carla :)

  Before it was time for me to move into the operation theatre, Riley accompanied me when the doctors pushed me into the OT. When the doctor said that I had another 15 seconds before they push me into the OT, I told Riley this.

  "Riley, look into your pocket." With that, I saw his confused face as I was pushed into the operation theatre.

  "We are going to inject you with anesthetic so just count to 10 slowly."

  "1, 2 , 3, 4, 5..." After 5 seconds, I fell into darkness.

Riley's Pov
  I could sense Carla's nervousness. She might be bubbly and optimistic on the outside but she was definitely worried in the inside.

  I could see her clutching the hem of the hospital gown and her slight tremble.

  Oh Carla... Hang in there babe!

  "Riley, look into your pocket." I was feeling confused. As I made my way to the row of seats, I digged into my pocket and felt a piece of paper.

  I took it out and read. I kept re reading it again and again. Unknowingly, tears ran down my cheeks. I couldn't contain my sorrow. Why do I feel like she was giving up? Please hang in there babe! I pleaded. I regretted not cherishing the times I have with her.

  Tears rolled down my cheeks furiously. Naralle patted my back and made me think positively.

  "She will be fine Riley, just calm down and take a deep breath."

  I heed Naralle's advice and took deep breaths. After a while, the doctors started running around and shouting weird medical terms. I took deep breaths and prayed for the success of her operation.

Third Person's POV
    Ha! It's working. The doctors are scurrying, the medicine is wrong, Riley is panicking. He is so stupid to have trusted me so easily. Carla, you watch out. This is the first and definitely not the last.

  I love seeing Riley in a helpless state. It is a perfect representation that money can't solve everything. Finn is crying silently at the other side of the hospital. I cannot be too obvious with my appearance or else they might be suspicious. My plan will then be foiled.

Riley's POV
  It has been a matter of minutes before the doctors and nurses stopped panicking. lavalle rushed off in the midst to settle some urgent documents in her office. I demanded for a doctor to fill me in what was happening.

  "Mr King, I do not want you to worry but we suspect that there is someone who intentionally changed the medicine to harm Miss Simmons." I cursed under my breath and immediately called my private investigator to investigate this issue. Apart from this, I dropped a call to my best friend, Ritchie.

  " Hey brother! You finally rembered me!"

  " Ritchie, I do not have time to joke with you. My wife to be is undergoing an operation and someone tampered with the medicine and lipids. I need your help to work with my private investigator and identify the traitor immediately."

  "Wait bro! Since when you settled down? I thought you always changed girls like changing t-shirts?"

  "Sorry Ritchie but I will fill you in the details soon. Most probably after all this crazy shit is over."

  "Alright I will do my best and you owe me one. Bye." With that he hung up. I resumed to my wait and prayed that Carla will be fine after this and I will do anything to keep my family safe and I mean it when I say anything. Traitor, you shall watch out and if I were you, I will step back and surrender.

****___*****
Enjoy!
Vote, share and follow!