5

Ok, so I'm well aware that this one shot is such a cliche and overused but I like it so whatever. And I put in a dirty joke at the end so enjoy!

Caleo

1051 words
•••

Leo strutted across the pavilion, on his way to Calypso.

"Sunshine, did you get a sunburn, or are you always this hot?"

She looked up at him "Valdez, you see me everyday"

He sat down next to her and put his arm around her "I can't compliment my girlfriend?"

She looked down at her book again and Leo saw a corner of her mouth twitch. "You can, just do it silently"

Even though the they were already dating, Leo would love to throw a pickup line at her once in a while. But Calypso guessed he was feeling extra cheesy because the whole day he was saying a line every time he had a chance.

~In the afternoon~

Today, she had archery as her daily activity. Calypso grabbed one arrow from her quiver and notched it, landing inside the second ring.

In the corner of her eye, she could spot her boyfriend taking the target next to hers, standing next to her. She turned her head and looked at him. He smiled. "You know, people say that Disney World is the happiest place on Earth, but they obviously haven't stood next to you"

Why is he always this cute?

They both took an arrow and notched it. Calypso's landing inside the second ring again and his outside the third.

"Distracted?" She teased with a smirk on her face

"Yeah, I think there's something wrong with my eyes," Leo grinned "I can't take them off of you"

Calypso felt her face turn hot and turned away from him. And before she did, she saw Leo's grin grow wider.

They both took an arrow and notched it at the same time, and it landed in the exact same position on each of their targets. Calypso didn't think of this strange or weird. Until Leo kept repeating her same moves. She lifted her left arm, so did he. She furrowed her eyebrows and looked at him. And he looked at her with the same expression, until Leo cracked a smile and she let out a laugh.

"Just trying to be as gorgeous as you are mamacita" he shrugged

"Didn't I tell you not to call me that?" Calypso said with a grin

"I don't recall that conversation"

She scoffed playfully at him.

This was gonna be a long day

Not that she minded.

~Later~

Leo and Calypso were at the dock, by the lake, watching the sunset. He stood behind her, with his arms wrapped her shoulders and his chin rested on the top of her head.

"It's so beautiful" she said, not taking her eyes off it

"Just like you" he kissed the crown of her head.

She turned around, still in his arms, and looked up at him. "I love you, Valdez"

He raised his eyebrows, not like this wasn't the first time they said this to one another "That came out of nowhere"

"You were spitting out pickup lines at me the whole day basically declaring your love for me." she smiled softly and shrugged "I just said it"

"Oh, I love how straightforward you are" he said while she turned her back against him to focus her eyes on the sunset again "And I love you too"

~At dinner~

Leo and Calypso sat at the Hephaestus table with their food after they made their sacrifices. Since Calypso had been living in bunker nine, and Leo's siblings loved her as soon as they met her, she's practically been eating there ever since they got to camp.

He took a sip of his soda and got an idea. "Caly?"

She turned her head to face him. "Yes?"

Leo smirked "If you were a vegetable, you'd be a cutecumber"

Jake Mason, one of Leo's half siblings, sat down next to him "Too cliche"

Leo paused, thinking what to say next, and Calypso let out a chuckle.

"Ok I'll try another one" he narrowed his eyes in thought, then smiled widely in realization "Do you like coffee? Because I like you a latte"

She laughed and Jake nodded while saying "That's a little better"

"You guys are a barf fest" Nyssa, another half sibling of his, teased, sitting down next to Calypso

"Try another food line" His girlfriend suggested

He smirked and already had the perfect one in mind "Are you a raisin? Because you raisin my-"

He was cut off by all three of them exclaiming "Leo!"

Ignoring some people staring, he held back a laugh, shrugging innocently "What?"

Nyssa scooted back on the bench and motioned to their little eight year old brother Harley, who's been listening to their conversation the whole time.

Leo's eyes widened at him, noticing him for the first time that he was sitting at him. He just smiled at him and Harley waved innocently. "Do you want to finish your sentence Leo?" He asked while a little smile appeared on his lips.

"Yeah, what were you gonna say Leo?" Jake asked while snickering, well aware what he was gonna say. Leo elbowed him in the stomach.

"What was Calypso rising?" Harley's brown eyes grew a hint of confusion in them.

"Oh...well..she was rising my..uhm-" he was interrupted by Calypso

"His heart rate" She smiled at Harley

All four of them nodded at her answer. "His heart rate" Nyssa repeated, confirming the answer to him.

"Oh" Harley nodded "because she's so pretty?"

He nodded at his innocent brother "Because she's so pretty"

"Why don't you finish your pizza?" Nyssa suggested to her little brother while ruffling his hair. She turned to Calypso and mouthed 'Nice save'

"I think I lost my appetite" she stated out loud while pushing her plate away from her.

"Well more food for me" Leo shrugged while pulling Nyssa's plate towards him.

"We're sharing that" Jake motioned to her leftover sandwich

"Yeah, yeah, I know"

He turned to Calypso and put his hand on her leg while she picked at her salad "Good thinking Cal" She smiled and kissed his cheek.

Her boyfriend was an idiot sometimes.

But she wouldn't want it any other way.