56

Remember not mine, all the credit goes to Kayla Parent, please vote, and enjoy! Sorry that it's really long. One more part after this one.

Tratie (pt. 3)

2616 words
•••

"Hey Katie!" Me and Miranda turn to the guy that called out my name.

"I'm rooting for you girl" he laughed "Don't let me down"

I smiled back to him acknowledgment.

"What's step two then, genius?" I turn back to Miranda.

"Your gonna be there at mom and dad's barbecue tonight right?" I asked

"Of course," she shrugged "mom and dad wouldn't let us miss it"

A group of jocks walk by before I could respond. One of them grins at me.

"Heard Stoll's cooking up something epic" I turn to look at him "I'd be scared if I were you"

I flip him the bird

I could see Miranda roll her eyes.

"Good" I turn back to her "Because for step two i'm gonna need your help"

She lets out a sigh and stops in the middle of the hallway. "I know I sound like a broken record, but this is really what your focusing on?"

I raise my eyebrows "What are you talking about?"

"Graduation is in a few days" she gives me a look of pity "and you haven't even figured what your gonna do yet"

I mean it's true. But she didn't know what she was gonna do yet either, granted she did get a job at a bakery a few minutes away from our house to make some money. But I change the subject, for a good reason though. Because I've been avoiding this conversation for a long time...and I don't wanna get into it.

"I'll worry about that later" I say as i lock eyes with Travis coming out of the classroom. Usually we avoid eye contact or scowl at each other. But I smile, hoping to take him off guard. And when he just stares back at me, confused, i know it worked.

                        ~Later (at the barbecue)~

I'm on my bed surrounded my pictures of me and Travis. We were inseparable when we were kids. And this trip down memory lane is bittersweet. But I can't get caught up in emotion, plus step two is already underway.

I check my phone for what feels like the tenth time. My family's barbecue started 20 minutes ago. And so far, no sign of Travis.

Come on Miranda

She's doing a solid and sending Travis on a fake errand to my bedroom.

Suddenly I hear footsteps. I jump back into bed, and grab a picture. The door opens and Travis's head pops in. And I make a show of trying to hide the pictures. Of course, I want him to catch me.

I look up and sneer at him "Haven't you ever heard of knocking?!"

He just smirked "Miranda asked me to get you, your mom just fired up the grill"

I waved him away "I'll be right there"

Just like i hoped, his eyes narrow in on the pictures scattered around me.

"I don't think so" He storms in and snatches one "Trying to embarrass me with old photos"

"I was looking for the one with you in the bathtub when you're naked, crying and scratching your butt" I laughed