10

Ok so, this one is based off a How I Met Your Mother episode and it's a Tratie and Sherman/Miranda chapter. Sorry for you guys who ship Miranda and Connor, but I always felt kinda weird about shipping two half sibling sisters with two half sibling brothers, you know? So enjoy this chapter! Sorry for the cliffhanger by the way. Hehe.

Tratie & Sherman/Miranda (pt. 1)

822 words
•••

Katie, Travis, Miranda, Sherman, Connor and Ciara —a daughter from the Athena cabin and Sherman's girlfriend— were in the Hermes cabin.

"Did you see Annabeth's designs for Olympus?" Ciara asked all of them while sitting on the floor of the cabin's counselor room where Travis and Connor sleep.

"Yup, saw them yesterday" Katie responded to her as she sat on Travis' bed "They're nice"

Her boyfriend laid down and set his head on her lap. "Like you know anything about architecture, Kates"

"Shut up, Trav" She looked down at him, staring into his cerulean eyes and running her hands through his hair. Travis' mocking expression turned into a soft one when she did.

"Ew" Connor interjected their fond moment while pulling the covers over him on his bed and scrunching his face.

"Leave them alone Connor" Sherman laughed while intertwining his fingers with Ciara.

Katie didn't miss her half sister subtly glaring at their hands. She was about to say a snarky comment to her boyfriend's brother but the door opened. There standing in the doorway was one of Travis and Connor's little sibling looking a little agitated with dry tears staining her cheeks. 

"What's wrong?" Connor asked while sitting up, his voice sincere. Sure, Travis and Connor were sometimes troublesome and misbehaving, but when it came to their little siblings, they were total softies.

"I had a nightmare" The little girl muttered softly and hugged her stuffed animal closer to her chest.

"I'll tuck you in" Connor smiled and headed his way towards her and closed the door.

Katie focused her gaze back to the rest of her friends. Sherman stood up, his hand still entwined with Ciara's. "Better get going before Chiron sends out the Harpies"

"See you guys tomorrow?" Ciara asked with a grin on her face. They nodded.

"Goodnight" Sherman and her said simultaneously while opening the door.

"Night" Miranda and her answered back.

They headed out of the cabin and left only Travis, Katie and Miranda. Seeing that Travis' head was still on her lap and he was fast asleep, Katie gingerly moved his head onto his pillow and laid the covers over him. She turned to her sister who looked distraught.

"You were awfully quiet today" Katie crossed her arms and sat on the floor across from her sister.

Miranda shrugged "Just didn't feel like talking"

"So you're telling me it doesn't have anything to do with your crush on Sherman?"

Miranda glared at her, "You know, I'm kinda regretting my decision on telling you about that"

"Well," It was Katie's turn to shrug "if you were gonna tell someone, it had to be your favorite sister"

Miranda sighed and glanced at Travis's sleeping figure. "And no, it doesn't have anything to do about Ciara and Sherman dating...I'm happy for them"

"Really?" Katie raises an eyebrow

She gave an unconvincing nod "Really, I'm over him"

Katie looked at Travis on the bed, still asleep, and back to her sister with a stern look. "Me, you, roof, now"

"Now?" She heard her sister ask as she stood up. "It's time to sleep, and cold out there"

Ignoring her sister, she headed for the window and reached for the ladder against the cabin's wall and started climbing. As she got up on the roof, she could feel the cold November wind blowing against her. Katie pulled her jacket over her middle.

"Let's cut the crap," Katie shivered "we're both freezing so just say it, and we can go back to our cabin and sleep"

"Say what?" Miranda said slightly annoyed and clenched her jaw.

"Say how much you hate that Sherman and Ciara are dating"

"What? No..I'm- I'm happy for them-"

Katie interjected "Is what you'll only let yourself say because you thought you were okay with Sherman dating someone."

Miranda visibly freezes.

"You want Sherman to be with you instead of Ciara, don't you?" Katie asked while Miranda looks down at her shoes.

"No," Miranda muttered softly, barely above a whisper. "That's awful and selfish"

"See, you aren't gonna admit it because it'll probably make you the worst person on this rooftop" Katie bit her lip and contemplated if she would say her next words or not. "So, I'm gonna give you an out"

Miranda looked up at her and locked eyes "And how are you gonna do that?"

"By saying something that is even more awful and selfish"

"Like what?"

Katie sighed before she announced her next words "Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a demigod"