Hogwarts AU

Eddie
Fourth Year
House: Hufflepuff
Age: 14

Richie
Fifth Year
House: Slytherin
Age: 15

Eddie shivered in the cold. It was winter and winter always meant scarves and jackets would be mixed between houses. Eddie sighed deeply because he knew that, just like every year, he wouldn't have another house's scarf wrapped gently around his neck. Eddie was in fact gay, but was never able to find anyone. He only knew of one other gay but Richie was bi-sexual and boy was he a snatch. 'God Eddie.' Eddie mentally slapped himself. Of course Eddie was never gonna be able to get with him because he hung out with Draco Malfoy and his goons. Plus, he was one year older than him and he would flirt with more girls than guys. Eddie remembered meeting Richie back in his first year; Richie's second. Eddie was nervous and scared and Richie basically told him to find him whenever he needed him. Eddie never forgot that.

"Hey Eddie!" Bev came over to Eddie. She was Eddie's friend. She was in her fifth year also, and was from Gryffindor. She wore a Ravenclaw scarf from her boyfriend, Ben.

"Hey Bev." Eddie said solemnly. Beverly looked at Eddie with concerned eyes. Then she sighed knowing what he was on about.

"Don't be so down. I know you'll find someone." Bev smiled gently and skipped over to her boyfriend. Eddie groaned a little and sat down on a bench. Stan and Bill walked by, holding hands. Bill was wearing Stan's scarf. The colors of green and silver seemed to taunt him. Eddie brushed it off and retreated to his tower. He was wandering down the hall to his dorm when Malfoy and Richie walked by. Malfoy bumped Eddie's shoulder on purpose, making his books fall. Eddie rolled his eyes as they laughed and walked away. Richie stayed behind and crouched down beside him, helping Eddie pick up his books.

"That was an ass move. Sorry." Richie clearly didn't remember Eddie because since his first year, he had grown. Richie handed Eddie the last book on the ground and stood up.

"Tozier, Richie Tozier." Richie introduced himself. Eddie smiled.

"I know." Richie looked at him confused. Eddie laughed slightly.

"You don't remember me? The shivering first year?" Eddie asked looking at Richie. Richie looked at him and his eyes lit up.

"KASPBRAK!" Richie said excitedly. He twirled Eddie around and laughed.

"Look at you! You're so handsome now! You're all grown up!" Richie exclaimed. Eddie chuckled.

"Yup all grown up now." Eddie smiled. Richie sighed deeply.

"I haven't seen you in forever. How have you been?" Richie asked, leaning against the wall.

"I mean alright. Winter's kinda got me in a slump." Eddie admitted, chuckling lightly. Richie cocked his head.

"Why?" Eddie held his breath. He honestly didn't want to admit it.

"Everyone is wearing everyone's scarves."

'DAMNIT EDDIE!' He cursed to himself and looked up. Richie was smiling.

"Well then consider this a gift." Richie took off his scarf and put it around Eddie's neck. Richie winked and walked the way Malfoy went. Eddie went red in the face and squealed when he walked away.

'Composure Kaspbrak... composure.' He said to himself. Eddie couldn't help it, he squealed again happily and practically skipped to his dorm rooms. He opened the door and set his books down on his bed. Eddie fell back onto his bed and smelt the scarf. It smelt like Richie. Eddie blushed and cuddled it, but he wished it was Richie. Eddie blushed a deeper red.

"Eddie! I wa-" Eddie sat up, holding the scarf. Bev squealed and grabbed the scarf from him.

"HEY! Give that back!" Eddie said grabbing for it but fell. Beverly giggled and smelt it.

"It still smells like the boy. Who is it?!" Eddie blushed. Bev sat down on the bed and handed the scarf to Eddie.

"Tell me all." Beverly said patting the spot next to her. Eddie rolled his eyes.

"It's Richie's." He mumbled.

"Who's?" Beverly asked again.

"Richie's!" Eddie yelled and covered his face. Beverly squealed again.

"IT'S RICHIE'S! IT'S RICHIE'S! Wait." Bev stopped jumping around.

"Bully Richie?" Eddie looked up. Beverly was going red in the face.

"I mean I think." Eddie said. Beverly's eyes went dark.

"Tozier." Bev said. Eddie grabbed the scarf from her again and held it closely. Beverly tried to take it from him but Eddie wouldn't let her.

"You aren't allowed to be with him! He's a dick head!" Eddie looked at her.

"No he isn't. He's a sweetheart." Beverly chuckled.

"No he's not. He put a curse on Neville and almost killed Ben!" Eddie's face dropped in dismay.

"N-Not the Richie I met." Eddie's eyes welled up with tears. Beverly sat down next to him.

"I'm sorry but it is." Beverly put her hand on Eddie's arm. Eddie ripped his arm away.

"No! You're wrong!" Eddie ran out of the room and out to the courtyard. Richie was there with Malfoy.

"HAVING FUN UP THERE FIRST YEAR?!" A first year was floating above everyone and was screaming for help. Eddie couldn't believe what he saw. Richie was holding the first year up there with his wand. Eddie dropped Richie's scarf and raced off crying. Richie turned around and noticed Eddie running away.

"Kaspbrak!" Richie put the first year down, grabbed his scarf, and ran after him.

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" Malfoy yelled after him.

Richie chased Eddie back to the Quidditch field. Eddie sat on the bench, crying. Richie turned the corner and stopped, hiding. Eddie was crying hard on the pitch. He was taking in shaky breaths and sighs. Richie walked over to him.

"Kaspbrak..." Eddie looked up. He stood up and stepped back.

"What are you gonna put a flying charm on me too?" Richie shook his head.

"I came to apologize." Richie said walking toward him slowly.

"Apologize for what?! Lying to me?!" Eddie yelled. Richie got closer to him and Eddie shoved him.

"Get away from me!" Richie fell back and caught himself.

"Eddie."

"NO!" Eddie yelled.

"You haven't changed one bit! HOW DARE YOU! HE'S ONLY A FIRST YEAR!" Eddie yelled at him.

Richie sighed deeply. Eddie was panting and sighed.

"Eddie please listen it was Draco's idea."

"Oh what if it was me? Back in my first year?!" Eddie said angrily. Richie was getting mad.

"I would've saved you!"

"Then why are you doing this to other first years?!"

"TO IMPRESS YOU!" Richie yelled, tears slipping from his eyes.

"THIS ACT I KEEP UP IS SO THAT FEEL GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU!" Eddie gasped lightly. Richie wiped a tear.

"I lied. I did remember who you were in the hallway, but I couldn't admit it. You're so cute and kind and I felt like nothing compared to you." Richie panted. Eddie was shocked, he could barely breathe.

"I'm sorry I d-" Richie was cut of by Eddie kissing him. Richie's eyes widened in surprise but he kissed him back. Eddie pulled away and smiled at him.

"I forgive you." Richie put his scarf around Eddie's back and pulled him in for another kiss.

A/N Yup cliché but can you blame me? Anyways I love you guys❤️🧡💛💚💙💜