50s AU

Trigger Warning: Offense slang

Richie was what you would call a greaser. He had the leather jacket and the bandana, but he wouldn't grease back his curly mop for hair. He couldn't seem to get down so he stopped trying. He walked into a small diner. It was the diner where boys and girls would mingle and boys would threaten each other. Richie went and sat at the milkshake bar.

"Hey Richie, your usual?" Bill said approaching the greaser. He was wearing a light yellow poodle skirt with an apron.

"Yeah Bill, thanks." Richie massaged his temples. Bill ruffled his hair.

"Chin up R-Rich, I'm sure there's a guy who'll b-be lucky to have you." Bill walked to the back to Richie his milkshake. Richie was gay and didn't like any of the girls who'd show off their cute dresses and skirts.

"Hey Eddie." One of the greasers said from behind Richie. Richie turned around and felt his cheeks heat up. There stood the most beautiful boy he's ever seen. Eddie was in a light pink poodle skirt and a collar white shirt. He had a black handkerchief tied around his neck.

"Hey Stan, how are you?" Eddie said to the greaser. Bill came out with Richie's vanilla and chocolate swirled milkshake.

"Here you go." Bill set it down and looked over where Richie eyes were locked.

"You got the sights for the n-new kid huh?" Bill smirked and Richie sputtered.

"N-No! What? I have no clue what you're talking about." Richie said and took his milkshake.

"Thanks Bill." Richie said taking a sip. Bill nodded and started wiping off the table. Richie turned back around and looked at Eddie again.

"It's been forever since I've seen you here." Stan said to Eddie. Eddie giggled and Richie almost swooned.

"Yeah, my mom has been keeping me from coming here but she can't stop me. I love this place." Eddie smiled and looked up at Richie. He smiled brighter and waved gently at him. Richie turned a more noticeable red and waved back.

"You only like this place to scope out the cute boys." Stan chuckled and Eddie looked back at him.

"I guess you're right, but I mean you have the hots for the milkshake server." Eddie winked at Stan. Stan rolled his eyes and looked over in Richie's direction.

"It's totally true!" Eddie said getting excited. Stan rolled his eyes again.

"Maybe it is, maybe it isn't." Stan crossed his arms and looked away. Eddie giggled once more and looked back over at Richie.

"Who's he?" Eddie asked mentioning towards Richie. Stan shook his head.

"Stay away from him. He's only a load of trouble. He may be good looking but all he ever does is fight in rumbles and gets arrested." Stan said in an annoyed voice.

"I'm gonna go talk to him." Eddie said and started walking over to him. Stan sighed soft.

"You're too stubborn for me to fight, go ahead." Stan waved his hand in dismissal. Eddie skipped over to him and sat down next to him.

"Hey Bill can I have a strawberry milkshake? Sorry to be a bother." Eddie said in a sweet voice that could give someone diabetes.

"No no Eddie it's okay. I'll be right out." Bill went to go get the milkshake for Eddie.

"Didn't Stan warn ya enough about me, new kid?" Richie said in a gruff voice. Eddie stifled a giggle.

"Of course he did, I just don't think you're all big and bad as you let on." Eddie said resting his chin in his hand. Richie looked over at him, looking closer at Eddie. His amber eyes burned into Richie's dark eyes.