Survival Tricks if you are lost or something

How to find out how many hours of sunlight are left.

1. Hold your hand horizontally so that your arm is parallel with the ground.

2. Tuck in your thumb across your palm until it reaches your pinky.

3. Hold your hand at the bottom of the sun. So the sun would just be above your index finger.

4. Each hand width is APPROXIMATELY 1 hour of sunlight. (picture on the side to help you understand)

Signal Fires

1. These are fires which make a lot of smoke. It is recommended to make a 3 dot triangle of three fires.

2. Make a relatively large fire, then put pine branches onto the fire, it will create thick smoke.

If you're in a snowy environment, write SOS in huge letters in the snow along with all other distress signals. To make it more visible, put sticks and dark colored objects in the letters.

Keep sending SOS even if you have been answered. This will aid the rescue team in finding you

destroy any distress signals when the rescue team has found you. This means once they are right there with you, not when a distress call has been answered.

Don't doubt that low flying planes (meaning anything without a vapor trail behind it) won't answer you. They are trained to know these signals, and have a standard emergency frequency which they will use to alert rescue teams.

If you can think of anything else, please let me know, I will add more if I come across anything.