Character Profile

These are just some helpful Character Profiles that may be used in your story if your stuck short on different kinds of characters, but try and make your story as unique as you like, you don't need to follow all the rules to Character Profiling!

Hero: Heroes come in many forms, but the essential trait of a hero is that at some point they make a major sacrifice in order to achieve a goal. A hero may be willing or unwilling, serious or comic, a leader or a loner.

Mentor: The essential trait of mentors is that they provide guidance and tools that the hero or heroes may need. The guidance that a mentor gives often varies in quality, but it is there nonetheless. A mentor can be anything from a slightly more experienced friend, a parent, or a boss to a former hero that succeeded or failed in their own quest.

Threshold Guardian: The essential trait of a threshold guardian is that they represent a barrier that the hero attempts to pass through. Threshold guardians are often minor villains, but may also be good or neutral people whose position happens to represent a barrier or a competing goal. Their job is to test the hero in some way.

Herald: A herald is a character whose information or actions alter the lives or goals of the hero. They may deliver a challenge or simply inform the hero of a change in the status quo. Heralds are often fairly minor characters.

Shapeshifter: A shapeshifter is a character whose role and even personality change dramatically throughout a story. They may start out as a villain but become an ally. They may begin as a romantic interest but become a villain. They may even wear a disguise and appear as more than person. In many cases, the hero's love interest is a shapeshifter,

Shadow: A shadow is the hero's dark counterpart. Shadows often serve as the central villains of a story, but may also serve as a cautionary victim. They often have many of the same traits as the hero, but have somehow become corrupted. They represent what can happen to the hero if she loses her way.

Trickster: The trickster represents mischief and misdirection. Tricksters often serve as comic relief, but can sometimes be threatening or heroic in their own ways. Mentors can also come in the guise of a trickster.