Chapter three: An old friend

After conversing on the mysterious chain and dark shadow I saw with Rina, I finally headed back home. It was around 7:00 P.M. and I was exhausted. I walked into my house and shut the door behind me to find my mother cleaning the kitchen. "Oh sweetheart, thanks for getting the milk for me." Said my mother as she picked up a stray piece of paper. I nodded my head at my mom and smiled. "Would you like me to help you cook?" I asked as I walked towards the cabinet. "Amelia, that would really help me a lot." Stated my mother as she began to dust and polish the furniture.

... 15 minutes later...

I placed the plates on the table and organized the silverware. I wanted to show my mother my appreciation. "Mom, dinner's ready!" I shouted in a excited voice. I heard my mother walking down the stairs. "Oh I can't wait to....... Wow, you went all out today!" Yelled my mother in a surprised tone. I made curry with rice balls, noodles, and added fresh herds and seasonings. I looked at the clock and saw that it read 8:30. "I'm so sorry that it took long. I guess I lost track of time." I proclaimed while shrugging my shoulders. "No worries I'm glad you did what you did." Said my mother with a smile.

We sat at the table and bowed our heads to say our grace. After our grace we lifted out heads back up. I grabbed my fork and twirled it in the noodles. My mother and I laughed,talked, and enjoyed our meal. All was calm and peaceful until until I heard the ceiling crack. My mother and I looked up and saw the crack moving above the table. I stood up and grabbed my mother's arm. We ran to hide behind the cabinet.

Soon the entire ceiling caved in and a person laid in the rubble. I ran from behind the counter to the pile of rubble. I moved rocks and ceiling bits until black wings, red chains and black hair. "No way, Yama! I thought you died!" I yelled while hot tears poured down my eyes. Yama slowly opened his eyes, reveling shining red pupils. "Hey Amelia, why are you crying?" questioned Yama as he stroked my head. I looked up at Yama and smiled while I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"I missed you so much, and I thought.......! Wait why were you spying!?" I yell in an upset tone. My mother looks over the counter and faints. I turn my head towards the direction she collapsed. "Mom!" I scream while running to her side. I feel her forehead, it's burning hot. "I think she was startled by a mythical creature that fell through her roof." I stated in a smug tone.

"Who the hell are you calling a creature!?" Yelled Yama. "Oh I don't know, maybe the person with black wings!" I yelled in frustration. Yama rolled his eyes. "I need to put my mother to rest, stay here and don't wander off." I hiss in a serious tone. "I make no promises." Said Yama while a smile crossed his face. I limp up the stairs with my mother's arm on my shoulder. Well my life just completely changed forever. I placed my mother on the bed and and covered her forehead with a cool ice bag. Afterwards I walk back stairs to look for Yama. I look all around and don't see him anywhere. However I hear rattling from upstairs, I walk slowly upstairs and peeked through my bedroom door.

!!!!!!

"Hey Amelia, what is this thing? Questioned Yama as he dangled a black bra. "YAMA, I'm to to freaking kill you if you don't put that down!" I yell in an agitated voice. "First, tell me what it is." Whined Yama while shaking the bra. I sigh and snatch it from him and smack him on the top of his head. "Its a bra you moron!" I yell as he rubs his head. "Ouch! Why are you getting so mad over it?!?!" Yelled Yama sitting down. "Because I told you to say put and you just went through my clothes! And than you had the nerve to pick up my bra!" I yelled as I put my stuff back in its original spot.

Yama just looked at me with soft eyes and stood back up. "Anyways we should get going." Spoke Yama in a clear and soft voice. First he goes through my clothes, than he had the nerve to try and get me to leave my house. "Where to exactly?" I said while guiding Yama out of my room. "To your father."Stated Yama in a serious tone. "WHAAA!" I screamed loudly. Yama let out a huge sigh and grabbed me in bridal position. "I'll just have to show you then." said Yama with a smile as she flew out of the hole he made in the ceiling. "When my mom wakes up, your going to die." I said as I looked down at the giant hole in the ceiling. " I'll survive." stated Yama as he tightened his grip on me.

After flying for what seemed like forever, Yama landed and placed me on the ground. I looked at the building we landed in front of. It was a broken down apartment complex. "Why are we here?" I questioned while walking towards the building. "There's a portal here that leads to your father, your a very important part of what's happening to him." Said Yama as he walked into the building. I followed him, and I wasn't to far behind.