Chapter Nine : Battle at Misty

As I lay on the ground I feel pain indulging my side where I was hit. I start to pant and breathe deeply as Lumi walks up to me. "How pathetic, I can't believe Yama would fall in love with someone like you." Snarled Lumi as she stood over me. "But that will all change when a "demon kills you in the park." Stated Lumi as she did air quotations.

My body filled with rage as she spoke if getting rid of me a Yama falling for her. "Yama will never love you because your a crazy whore that stalked him!" I yelled in anger. Lumi stared at me and raised the pipe once again. "You think someone in your kind of situation would be begging for their life. Oh no, but not you, you talk back and act feisty." Said Lumi as she hit me in the stomach with the pipe.

"Ahh!" I screamed in pain as tears ran down my eyes. "You got anything clever to say? No, well I hope you have a nice time burning in hell with your useless father!" Yelled Lumi as she aimed the pipe for my head. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I heard Lumi snickering as began to lower the pipe on my head.

"Hey, you leave her alone!" Yelled an unknown female voice. I slowly opened my eyes and looked in the direction of the voice. "Rina?" I spoke in a raspy and cracked voice. She smiled at me and looked stern and serious at Lumi. I had never seen Rina look this serious before.

"This doesn't concern you mortal, this is between me and the demon!" Yelled Lumi as she turned towards Rina with the pipe in hand. "Everything that happens to my best friend is my concern." Stated Rina in a serious and determined voice.

"How shameful, you would die for a person that you have no real connection to?" Said Lumi with a frown. Rina nodded her head and revealed the bat she had been hiding. Lumi turned and charged at Rina. Rina took the bat and hit Lumi in the face.

Lumi fell to the ground and held her cheek. Rina ran up to Lumi and kicked her into the wall. "Ahh!" Yelled Lumi as she hit the stone wall. Lumi stood back up and wobbled a bit. Lumi ran towards Rina and punched her nose. Rina got pushed back by the force.

Rina felt her nose as blood ran down it. Rina smiled and then rammed into Lumi's stomach as she shoved her on the ground. Rina sat on Lumi's stomach and started punching her. Rina stood up and grabbed Lumi by her hair.

"You listen to me you stalker! Next time you screw around with my best friend I with tear you to pieces!" Yelled Rina in a scary voice. She dropped Lumi and she fell face first to the ground. Rina ran towards me and put my head on her lap.

"I'm sorry! If I came sooner you wouldn't have been hurt!" Yelled Rina as tears streamed from her eyes. "I'm just glad you came, if you hadn't I would be dead by now." I said with a weak smile. Rina smiled and took out her cellphone. "I'm going to call your mom and let her know that your staying with me for awhile." Said Rina as she dialed the number. I just nodded my head and closed my eyes.