Prologue

Narrator's POV

Erstwhile Empire State Building, New York

The Empire State Building is one of the largest buildings in the world. A 102-story skyscraper in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, it stands a total of 1454 feet tall. Once a glistening symbol of human civilization, it has now been transformed for more sinister purposes.

After Thanos conquered Earth, he didn't waste time in cementing his domain. Using his powers, he transformed the towering skyscraper into a tower of his own- the Tower of Death.

 Using his powers, he transformed the towering skyscraper into a tower of his own- the Tower of Death

"Enough!" Corvus Glaive shouted, throwing his glaive at the wall and watched it embed itself." For how long does he expect us to sit idly and wait?"

"Easy, Corvus." Proxima Midnight, his adopted sister, grumbled as she wrenched the glaive from the wall."If he wants us to wait, then he has good reason for it."

"But this is outrageous!" Corvus shouted as he took his glaive from Midnight." It has been over a month and we're still here, squabling and killing those native humans. They're no match for us."

"That may be true," Ebony Maw quietly replied as he turned over a new page in his book." But patience is a virtue, something you won't understand. As this human, John Milton put it, patience is just a flower in the winds of war and deception."

"Spare me your haiku shit!" Corvus said as he sent his glaive flying towards Ebony. Without even looking up, Maw caught it before it hit him, and sent it back towards its owner.

"Ugh, stop it both of you!" Midnight shouted as she pushed Corvus onto a seat." The only thing you can do is to bicker amongst yourselves all day while Cull stuffs himself with food." The other member of the room, who'd been busy eating,looked up with a confused expression." Huh?"

Ebony yawned as he put down his book. Idly walking to the window, he observed the landscape, transferred from the hustling streets of New York City to the barracks and staying quarters of the Chitauri, their army. Their ships floated in the sky, keeping a tight vigil for any rebels foolhardy to approach the Tower. Ebony rarely smiled, but the scene of chaos amused him.

"Corvus is right, though." He turned around." We've been doing nothing for quite some time. This means that we are approaching a big task soon. We need to be ready."

"Yeah, I know." Midnight smirked." Tell it to this fathead over here."

"Hey!" Corvus exclaimed.

"You're a fathead."

"Am not!"

"Are so!"