Attacked by the Chitauri

"Nemesis?" Kirk asked, troubled. I nodded." And he.... single-handedly destroyed London?"

"You've seen the footage. You know what he is capable of. Hell, I bet it was just a figment of his wrath."

"Your tone laced with urgency and your increased speed of speaking suggests that you've been shaken mentally, Mr. Hunter." said Spock.

I looked at him, incredulously." Really, Spock? After seeing that, do you not feel afraid?"

"We as Vulcans have embraced our mind more rather than our heart such that we choose not to feel anything."

"Bullshit." I spat.

"Hey hey hey!" Kirk stood up, trying to resolve the situation." There's no use fighting among ourselves. We can't fall apart at a time like this." He looked at me." Max, I know that you've been shaken after what you saw. This only shows us how important it is for us to survive. Hope is why we fight. Hope is why we'll win. If this footage shows anything, it's that we must double our efforts more in order to resist."

I realized how I was making a scene and a fool of myself. I looked down and shook my head." You're right. I shouldn't have done that."

Kirk patted me on the shoulder." It's fine. So what else do we know about him?"

" He's extremely skilled in combat, way better than an ordinary human. He's fast, agile, flexible and cruel. Even as he strode, you can feel the aura of power radiating from him."

"And from the massacre he made in London it appears that he has a personal vendetta against humans."

"What makes you say that?" Kirk asked.

"Consider this. Even a few months ago we hadn't heard of him. He technically didn't exist. And from the brutal condition he leaves his victims in, you can clearly see that he has a personal grievance. Why else would he name himself after the Greek Goddess of revenge?" I reasoned.

"Nemesis- the inescapable agent of someone or something's downfall."said Spock.

"And in this case- the downfall will be....ours." I aired my thoughts.

We all appeared silent for a moment, contemplating the extraordinary events surrounding us. Kirk spoke," Well, it's a start. This news will be important when we regroup with the main fleet in the Zaman system. Let's hope we-"

Suddenly the proximity scope started beeping like mad. The alarms blared." What the-" Kirk was cut off as a thunderous explosion shook the ship. We tumbled down to our feet.

"Crew what the hell is going on?" Kirk demanded.

"Sir, a lot of ships have appeared on the radar out of nowhere! They're coming in fast, weapons charged!"a frantic engineer called out.

"Shields up red alert! All men to battle positions!Get all weapons ready immediately, hurry!"" He shouted as he jumped into his chair and entered a few commands into the ship mainframe. I turned to the operator." Get us out of here, now!"

A huge boom! shook the ship violently. The vessel rocked precariously before stabilizing, throwing us all sprawling on the floor. On the main screen we spotted a large mothership with hundreds of small one-man fighters surrounding it. They all were firing at us." Shields at 60%!"

"Primary power is failing!"
"Switching to backup."
"Backup power insufficient.."
"Dammit, they got the starboard engine!"
"Shields at 55%!"
"Our weapons are useless against them. They are ray-shielded and steering past our torpedoes!"

Everything around me was a blur as I slowly came to. The commotion, the buzz, the anxiety, all didn't go unnoticed as I slowly scrambled up to my feet. Beside me, I saw Kirk and Spock slowly getting up as well." What's the status?" He asked.