A Clash with Destiny

Max's POV

My blood was boiling with rage as I chased Kamal through the corridors. I was seeing red,as I pushed through fleeing aliens and panicked guards I'm my pursuit. I am so going to kill him.

The alien wriggled through the crowds, running blindly till he suddenly came to a dead end. Looking everywhere frantically, he started to trace his footsteps backwards, but his way was blocked by me. I was fuming by this time.

"You are going to pay for what you did, and for selling us out." I seethed through gritted teeth.

For the first time, he looked truly afraid. Before he could do anything, I  punched him square on the jaw. As he stumbled back, my foot made contact with his groin. He crouched down in pain, and I pushed him to the ground, delivering blow after blow to his face.

"Who is the traitor?!" I screamed."Who is he?! Who has been feeding you information about us?"

He spit out blood with great difficulty." You lose, human. The Master has won."

With one massive blow, I knock him unconscious. Making sure he isn't breathing anymore, I snatched the hilt he was carrying and hurried down the corridors, massaging my bruised and bloody knuckles.

Reaching the surface, I find the area in a total pandemonium. People were running,bolting back to their homes. Mothers gathered their children and scimpered back to their houses in search of safety. Shopkeepers closed down their shutters hurriedly. I avoided nearly getting run over by a cart. The main emotions on everyone's face were fear and panic, as everyone was hurrying to safety.

Why is everyone running? I thought. I reached my backpocket for my communicator but couldn't find it. They must have taken it. Cursing myself, for I had no other way to contact the Enterprise, I decided to slip through the crowds to a more open area so that I can be easily spotted. I had hardly taken a step when a cold, heavy voice spoke from behind, stopping me.

"Going somewhere?"

I spun around, holding the hilt up in an offensive stance, but the sight in front of me chilled me to the core. A drop of cold sweat trickled down my spine.

Oh shit.

Nemesis stood in front of me, his sword drawn, muscles taut, his tall muscular figure towering over everyone else.

****

Narrator's POV

Nemesis observed the human Rebel in front of him. He could smell the stench of fear reeking from the human, and he savoured it. He smirked at his advisary's helplessness, his fear.

"You're the person who destroyed London." The Rebel whispered, his hands shaking slightly.

"I am." Nemesis took small, calculated steps, pleased to see his enemy backing up. His gaze hardened." Surrender now, or suffer a merciless death."

The Rebel had composed himself, as his gaze narrowed." You're going to pay for the lives you took in London."

"Then so be it!" Nemesis growled, as he unsheathed his sword.

The Rebel visibly shuddered, but he didn't falter. He is brave. Nemesis admitted reluctantly.

The Rebel pressed a button on the hilt. It blazed to life, as a ray of energy shot out from one end, revealing a blade of green energy.

 It blazed to life, as a ray of energy shot out from one end, revealing a blade of green energy