The Final Battle Begins

Max's POV

"You have accomplished nothing," Thanos barked. "You may have disabled the gauntlet for now, but it won't last long." The Chitauri guards closed the doors with a bang, sealing them inside. They started to close in on the human group.

"We'll see." I smirked, revealing my own plasma blade, which shone with a green light. "Attack!"

We charged, weapons blazing. Jim shot two guards advancing towards him, jumping over their corpses before firing at the squad behind them. Spock led two others in assaulting the team near the doors. One Chitauri lunged at me, barely missing my face. I ducked, plunging my blade into his chest. A cry of pain erupted from the guard, and it disintegrated into dust. Not missing a beat, I blocked the incoming blasts, cutting down anyone in my way.

Shots of blaster fire and cries could be heard outside as well, which meant my team had started their assault. Hopefully they had barricaded all the possible entrances. We were on our own now. Dodging blaster fire, I rolled on the ground, slashing the feet of the nearby Chitauri. One blast ricocheted off my blade and hit an overhead chandelier, breaking it to pieces and showering everyone with glass. Thanos sat down on his throne, watching our fight with a smirk.

"Your forces are surrounded," he taunted. "You're so naive. I expected better."

"You'll find I'm full of surprises!" I snarled and slashed at a nearby guard. But he was right, we were surrounded. Outside, I could hear the clanking of metallic boots advancing towards our room. My hand automatically went to the explosions hidden beneath my jacket.

"This was a bad idea, Max, but if this is our end, then so be it." Jim spoke through gritted teeth beside me.

The boots had nearly reached the door. Any time now-

CRASH!!

The huge wooden doors collapsed, torn off its hinges,with a loud bang, crushing the nearby Chitauri. Thanos looked at the doorway in amusment, ready to see his guards. I bristled.

But both of us were wrong.

Among the squadron of Chitauri, none were left alive. Their bloodied corpses lay heaped on one another, their eyes wide open with fear. A single figure, blade still red with blood, towered over them. My face broke into a grin.

Thanos thundered, his face red with anger. "What is the meaning of this?!?"

Nemesis - no, Captain Steve Fleming -
glared at the Titan, jaws tight.

"Thanos, I have come for your head."

****

Narrator's POV

On planet Zuma- AL1 , a crowd had gathered in the Rebel headquarters. All the leaders had gathered to discuss about the upcoming offense on the Titan's tower. Vice-Admiral Runcan sat in his chair worriedly, typing at a screen. Tania paced the room impatiently, grumbling to herself. Kragil, who had recently returned after a tough mission in the Outer Rim, was busy typing at a keyboard.

Tania spun around, glaring at her companions. "They stole a ship, and none of you saw it?"

Kragil looked up from his work." They disabled the security cameras, Tan. You saw the video feed."

"Yeah right. A security system designed by you which, you claimed was unbreachable."

"There is a difference between breaching a network and shooting the cameras, Tan. You saw it for yourself."

"Is that why you're wasting your time typing around? And not using your ship to find him?" Contempt was clear in her tone.

"Do not mistake my distraction for apathy!" Kragil growled, clenching his fists and jumping to his feet. Tania was about to retort when the Vice-Admiral beat her to it. "If Max and the others do not return soon, I fear there may be no base to return to."

"What do you mean?" Kragil asked, the anger in his voice dissipating. As if to answer his question, a loud alarm started blaring across the room. The siren rang in the whole base.

"What is that?" Kragil asked again, sensing a palpable tension in the room. In return, the Vice-Admiral grimly flipped the screen, showing the outline of the planet. In it's atmosphere a large number of red dots were blinking, speeding straight towards the planet's surface - Titan spaceships.

"The enemy is here."

****

"Thanos, I have come for your head."

With his calm declaration, Steve lunged forward towards the Chitauri. All of them were cut down.

Thanos's smirk disappeared, replaced with a feeling of - fear? The Titan's eyes were wide with shock as he staggered back, putting as much distance between him and Steve as possible. This lapse of judgement was enough for me to counter-attack as I raised my blade high. "Humans, charge!"

With Steve on one hand and us on another, the Chitauri stood no chance. They slowly diminished, giving us the chance to push forward.

A sharp cry to the left caught my attention, and I turned to see Spock getting stabbed in the stomach. I tried to shout, but another guard took advantage of my distraction and knocked my blade to the ground. A hard kick sent me sprawling on the floor.

Wheezing, I sat up. The guard had me cornered in one end, away from the fight. I looked frantically for any weapons nearby. There were none. I gritted my teeth and looked the guard dead in the eye, wrapping my fingers around a large shard of glass. As it raised its weapon, I lunged forward.

CRASH!!

Both of us tumbled down at the sudden explosion. I rolled on the floor, bits and pieces of glass cutting my skin. I inhaled sharply, and the smell of gunpowder reached my nose. I stood up shakily, looking for the guard who had attacked me. I was surprised to see it lying dead on the floor, its neck snapped.

What the??

"Hello, Max." My eyes went to the figure who stood by the massive crater in the wall. Through it I could see the Chitauri barracks under attack, not but my own troops, but by the rebels of Each. My gaze returned to their leader in front of me.

Deathstorm stood calmly, an eerie smirk on his face, adorned in dark blue armour, which b ought out the fire in his eyes. His fists were wrapped around two sharp swords.

"Well, this does bring a smile to my face." I grinned, throwing away the shard and picking the guard's weapon. "Did you bring the cavalry?"

His smirk grew wider.

"Max, I am the cavalry."

Hey guys. Sorry for not updating sooner. I'm sure you guys are aware of the difficulties of balancing exams and updating. I was off Wattpad for over a month, but now I'm back! And I bring you a fresh, hot, sizzling straight-out-of-the-oven chapter of "Galaxias"! (God it sounds like it's some kind of food!) Maybe because I'm hungry now! 😁😁
Please don't forget to vote and comment.