Harsh Reality

Narrator's POV

"How is he now?"

"For now, stable. His vital signs are normal. Heartbeat rate is a little high."

"What happened down there?"

"Something quite terrible, as far as I can make out. Max isn't someone to black out easily. Why don't you have a look at him? You are a doctor, after all."

Dr. Strange sighed." Not yet. Give him some time to heal, Tania."

"It's been two days, Stephen. Two freaking days and he still hasn't woken up. Is this a normal comatose?"

"Is anything normal around here?"

Tania sighed.

****

Max's POV

I found myself in a large circular hall. It was dark, with small lanterns hardly any help to light up the area. Tall blue columns supported a high domed roof. From the faint light, I could make out there were intricately carved mosaic on the walls.

"The Grand Hall had always been a place of awe. It surprised me as a child, and it still does now." A deep voice spoke up, his words reverberating around the walls of the near-empty hall.

I turned my gaze towards a large podium constructed on a platform at one end of the hall. A large golden throne was placed upon it. Seated in it was a lone gigantic figure, his gaze directly at me.

I inched forward, my heart beating wildly." How did I come here?"

The figure smirked, and stood up. There was no forgetting that purple scarred face, that brutal spirit, that gauntlet on his hand studded with six glowing stones.

" Where is this place, Thanos? How did I arrive here?" I pressed.

"You're currently in the Null Dimension. It's a place where the soul exists apart from the body, free to do as it shall. I simply brought your consciousness here." He said.

"Why?"
"To talk."

I folded my arms and glared at him.
"So talk."

Thanos smirked." You're brave. I'll give you that. No wonder the Rebels think of you as a leader."

"I'm no leader." I answer truthfully." What I would like to know is what the hell have you done with my Captain!!"

Thanos's face became serious." I saved your Captain. He was dying when we found him. He was weak, pathetic. I just fixed him up."

"And made him a weapon." I deadpanned.

"I gave him a new sense of purpose." Thanos sneered." It was his destiny to serve me. And fulfilling it he is."

"He's not your slave!" I shout." You condemned an innocent man, a brave soul, to your torture! You destroyed him!"

"Sometimes, to bring peace, destruction is necessary." He murmured.

"That's what you think."

"That's what I know!" He shouted as I jumped back, startled. Angering him was not a good idea.

He snapped a finger, and our surroundings changed. I found ourselves in the middle of a wreckage, the aftermath of a war. Everything was destroyed, demolished. Tall structures stood high, broken and demolished, crumbling, standing like a spectre. Bodies littered the ground. Looking up in shock, I found Thanos looking at me with a grim expression.

"What the hell is all this?" I shout.

"This, is all that remains of my planet, Titan." He whispered. His tone carried a feeling of sadness and hurt.