Capturing London

Narrator's POV

"Some competition at last!" Corvus exclaimed in relief as he drove his glaive into the heart of a human. Beside him, Ebony was busy dodging laser fire and tending to the wounded Cull Obsidian.

"Really, Glaive?" Ebony sighed." Cull is bleeding to death and you're excited about competition?"

"Hey, this is the first time we are encountering some resistance from the pathetic humans!" Corvus ducked to dodge a missile." And besides, everyone knows that you can heal that clumsy ox."

"Hey!" Cull drawled." If you'd been a little more watchful, maybe the building wouldn't have collapsed on me."

"Yeah yeah." Corvus shouted and raised his weapon." Chitauri, advance!"

Ebony sighed." He'll never grow up."

The Chitauri advanced, their weapons hot and armed, yet they met with a strong resistance from the Rebels. The longer they attacked, the more the humans resisted. Slowly yet steadily, they kept on reclaiming lost ground and pushed the aliens back.

The Chitauri relied more on their advanced weaponry and arms, while the humans stressed on their speed and skill. Swiftly, they would run through the alien army, blasting them, bombing them to shards. Dodging sniper fire, the "suicide bombers" would charge blindly at the army, destroying hundreds of aliens at a time.

"We're losing ground!" Ebony shouted as he shot down a sniper from a rooftop.

The whole of London had become a warzone. Running through no-man's-land, dodging enemy fire, ducking behind bullet-ridden walls-the humans effectively fought back against the alien invaders.

The Chitauri fought mercilessly, but the taste of freedom, the hatred towards the alien invaders, the crave to avoid subjugation, and the desire to fight for the safety of their fellow species pushed the humans to such desperation that they hesitated in nothing to fight for freedom. There were heavy casualties on both sides, yet the humans fought relentlessly, mercilessly, desperately in order to stand against the oppression. They threw themselves in the line of fire,knowing that they would die, yet not hesitating to pay the ultimate price in order to retrieve their freedom. Slowly, they pushed the Chitauri back.

"Army, fall back!" Ebony shouted. Grabbing the injured Cull, he stumbled back towards higher ground while Glaive covered their retreat.

"Tank incoming!" Corvus shouted." They're lining up!"

Ebony cursed. Stacking Cull behind a wall, he joined Corvus in keeping the humans at bay. Even then, they were way too close for comfort.

The tank roared, blasting the nearby aliens to pieces. Structures came falling down, gunfire echoed as the Chitauri kept falling back.

"We're done for if we can't destroy that tank!" Ebony noted as he shot two more humans." The armour is too thick for our blasters."

"I've got an idea!" Corvus exclaimed." Cull, use your axe."

Grunting, Cull sat up. Clutching his axe, he swung it over his head twice before launching it towards the tank.

It exploded with a deafening noise, sending sharpnel, ammo and human flesh everywhere.

"You did it!" Corvus smiled as he readied his glaive." But they're still coming!"

"Shit."Ebony cursed suddenly as a blaster cut through him like a metal blade. He had seen it coming, yet he couldn't avoid the beam in time, extending right into the centre of his heart. Every muscle gripped tight. He felt as if he was being electrocuted, but the pain didn't stop. It seized his entire body. Pain erupted in his brain, so violent that everything became a blur and he blacked out, then woke, all in a matter of seconds.