Captured by a Storm

Max's POV

"So you're a 150-year-old mutant, with regenerative powers, have three metallic claws on each hand each, your skeleton is bonded with an indestructible metal named adamantium, and you're the owner of the mansion?"

James- or rather, Logan- nodded as he took a swing from a bottle of whiskey." In a nutshell, yeah."

Glen slumped back into an armchair, shocked."Wow."

After the scene at the library brought out our friends from their slumber, Logan thought it would be best to explain the situation. Nonetheless, none of them were happy with me for disturbing their sleep, and even from the other side of the room I could feel Tania's pointed glare at the back of my head.

"After Charles died," Logan began." It was up to me to look after everything. The mansion was already becoming empty, the school on the verge of closing down. No new mutants were being born. Then after the war, many of the teachers and students were drafted. Shifted off. The school was closed down, the mansion empty. The place I once called home was now becoming a dead place. A graveyard. I withdrew myself from everything.

After the first Infinity War was over, Strange came to me. He needed a person to look after the graves of his friends." He chuckled humourlessly." The dead being cared for by a living ghost."

"So the mansion, it's deserted now?" asked Christopher.

"It's a ghost house now, kid." muttered Logan.

I looked at him. He appeared sad, as if the flow of the painful memories were getting to him. As if living for over a hundred years was finally taking a toll on him.

"And now this monster has taken control over our planet. His minions are spread everywhere, to force people into submission. But are they successful? He chuckled."No."

"No?" asked Tania.

"Not even one bit. Nobody's protesting in the face, of course, but in the underground, people are restless. Patrols of Chitauri are being attacked, factories and barracks being destroyed. You're not the only ones rebelling, there is a Resistance here too."

I stood up, intrigued."Can they help us?" He nodded." Your actions do not go unnoticed here. Rumours have begun to spread, of a massive intergalactic alliance created to stand against Thanos. And believe me, there are more people to your cause than you think. You have a lot of allies here."

"Do you know any of them?" I asked.

"There is this guy. The most powerful and respected among the rebels here. He used to be one of us." Logan reached into a pocket and brought out a black card and handed it to me.

"We called him Deathstorm. A master in handling all types of weapons, he was effectively cunning with two swords. Quick, agile and swift. His blades could slash through anything. He's equally shrewd. He's the leader of the main Resistance here."

I looked at the card, which held a picture of this guy. He was tall, with a powerful built, quite muscular. His shining blue eyes stood up against his sharp facial features and sharp jawline. His hair was combed back, and a mischievous smirk danced across his lips. He was dressed in a black aviator jacket.

I looked at Logan, my mind already set." Where is this guy now?"

****
A few hours later,

"Remind me again why we're standing in front of a clubhouse?"

I looked at Glen, who seemed agitated." Why're you so irritated today, Glen? You're usually calm." He grumbled but said nothing.

"You have the token, right? Tania asked.

I nodded. Logan had given me a small token to give to this Deathstorm guy to establish us as allies. Hopefully, he won't kill us immediately.

Stephen cracked his knuckles." Let's go."

We entered through the door into a world of loud music, the punge of alcohol and drunken people grinding against each other. Disco lights streaked from the roof, the bar was full, and the people were busy either drinking, dancing drunkenly or shoving tongues in each other's throats. The music was deafening. A gasp involuntarily escaped from my mouth as I took in the long-forgotten surroundings.

I turned to look at my companions. Tania, Stephen and Christine seemed anxious to get out, while Glen and Christopher were rapidly drinking in their surroundings. I hurriedly dragged them towards the bar before they forgot their purpose here.

The bartender, a big, fat man with a handlebar moustache looked at me with sharp eyes." What'ya want to drink?"

I silently slid the token across the counter. He snatched it, and looked at me with narrowed eyes." Follow me."

He jumped across the counter and led us to a hidden door at the back of the room. It opened into a flight of stairs leading upwards. He gestured us to follow him.

After ascending two flights, he stopped in front of a door. Telling us to stand back a bit, he knocked thrice. The door opened slightly, and we heard some whispering. The bartender turned to us.

"He will see you now."

He stood back, as we entered. The room was pitch-dark with not a sliver of light coming through. I was about to comment on that when suddenly the door slammed behind us.

"Wha-" My words were cut off as strong hands suddenly materialized from the dark. One punched me in the face. As I staggered back, someone gripped my hands tightly and wrenched them behind me, effectively locking them. I was unable to move.

A gentle chuckle was heard, and a flick of a switch. An overhead light switched on. I looked at my friends to see them captured in the same manner.

"Well this is certainly unexpected." My eyes followed the voice to the person who spoke it. Sitting on a black sofa was Deathstorm, smirking at us. He looked fitter and stronger than shown in the picture, his blue eyes twinkling with mischief. His hands were clasped together, lazily kept over a sword on his lap. He smirked.

"So, tell me, young thieves, how would you like to die?"

Sorry guys for the ultra-late update! Exams are going on and I found absolutely no time to open Wattpad. I apologise if this chapter isn't that interesting, but I promise on better ones in the future.
Who's this Deathstorm guy? Will he help the Rebels? What do you think?
Please don't forget to vote and comment.