Confessions and Unanswered Questions

(This chapter takes place parallel to the events of 'A Clash with Destiny' and continues upto 'X Factor'. After the duel with Max on the planet of the Orabs, Nemesis was sent by Thanos,along with Corvus Glaive and his army of the undead and indemnifiers, to conquer an alternative dimension. It's the same as ours, except that metahumans or mutants do not exist, thus resulting in the absence of heroes like the Avengers or organizations like the Nova Corps. This also potrays the protagonists of the prequel, mainly Steve Fleming, in a different light. Enjoy!)

Narrator's POV

Auckland, New Zealand

"Wretched humans!" Corvus exclaimed as he swept his glaive in an arc, beheading the rebels in front of him. Behind him, his army was routing the settlements and killing all those who tried to oppose them.

The people of Auckland were in no way prepared for the massive ship to descend from the skies suddenly, bringing an army of the undead and indemnifiers. As the civilans tried to flee, the police and armed guards tried to cover their escape, but were killed. Corvus drove his weapon into a man's heart with glee, as he killed several others with the blaster in his free hand.

"This is way better than London, but still! Do they not have a spine?" He turned his head to his companion, who was busy killing masses at a time.

Even in an alternate dimension, Nemesis was as strong as ever. He was like the Devil himself, towering over everyone else, his merciless blade sweeping at the running humans, his eyes filled with hatred. The humans shot at him, but he easily deflected the bullets with his sword. Taking a black hole grenade from his belt, he threw it at them, and watched as the humans disintegrated into dust.

"I'd take that, Glaive." He answered Corvus, his voice deep." They're pathetic. A man who shrinks away from a fight is nothing but a coward." He slashed through the crowds." I don't see why the Master's keeping them alive."

Corvus smirked as he killed the last human, and stood on a pile of corpses." Maybe Father wants to create more like you."

Nemesis snapped his head at him so fast that Corvus thought he had whiplash." What?!"

"Uh," Corvus gulped, clearly caught red-handed. He, like the others, had been told that Nemesis bore no memory of his former self. Thanos had locked those memories deep inside his mind where he would never find them. His first memory was waking up strapped to a table, and that he rendered complete obedience to Thanos. He must not be reminded of who he was at any cost."Nothing."

"Doesn't sound like nothing to me." Nemesis glared at him." Tell me, Glaive."

"It's nothing, really. Just a slip of the tongue."

"Slip of the tongue?" In an instant Nemesis pushed him back against a wall, his sword at Corvus's throat." Speak, or you'll no longer have a tongue."

"It's nothing, really!" Corvus's face became pale with fear, a rare sight in itself." You're descended from a human. Father fulfilled your destiny and gave you powers. He made you what you truly are. " Nemesis pressed the blade deeper. "You're half-human, dammit!" Corvus screamed." You're originally human, but now you've shedded your former shell and showed your true colours! That's the truth, I swear!

Nemesis released him, stepping back as Corvus grasped for breath. Gingerly, he touched his new mask, remembering how his old one had been destroyed by the Rebel in the duel.

Corvus looked at him nervously." You okay?"

"Yes." Nemesis replied without hesitation. He didn't care who he was before. What matters was he is now. And he stands with Thanos. He answers only to him.