Weregods

"The elders have called for you." Collin told her. He looked at Laurance for a second. It didn't take him long to gather the situation due to the protective sent he was giving off. Scarlett had hidden her eyes again and Laurence seemed not to care. He looked into Collin's eyes with purpose. "Do you know what they want?" He asked straight to the point. Collin looked to Scarlett. "They wish to speak with you." He said giving her a "not in front of him" Look. Scarlett nodded. She strode free of Laurence's arms and followed suit.

As they climbed the antique stairs of the Elders house she straightened her blazer. When they were about to knock Scarlett caught Collins fist mid Air. She put her head to the door and listened. "If the fire goddess is in fact Scarlett then Aamir"s spirit may have already taken control of whoever the water god is." Suddenly memories of Laurence's eyes came flashing infront of her eyes. "But there are others. There will be Earth, air and spirit gods or goddesses as well. If they haven't awoken yet then maybe Aamir will take them because they will be more venerable."

"Scarlett?-."

Scarlett ran. Her body became numb and she seemed to be running somewhere she wasn't aware she was running. Suddenly a crash into someone brought her to her attention. "Scarlett slow down you might hurt someone!" Emily's voice rang throughout her mind. Something was missing. "Where's Laurence?" She asked urgently. Emily put a hand on her shoulder. "First take a breath." She said calmly. Scarlett did as she said, thinking it would speed the process up. "He was acting really weird. He just walked right out the house, like he was possessed or something. Seriously in this world I would not be surprised." She sighed. However Scarlett just stared at her. "Well I am! Gods, goddesses! What is going on?!"

Emily helped Scarlett back into the house. As soon as she entered the house she was engulfed in warmth along with all of her normal senses. She hadn't realised how painful her legs had been, or the state of her appearance. Hair blown wild, uniform pulled and sprinkled in mud. Everyone seemed to have gone to their rooms. Everything was deathly silent, not even the wind whistling through a window nor the fast approaching night helped in anyway.

A while later Collin returned. Scarlett knew he had told the Elders about Laurence and was awaiting the news of his hunting. "Right I found only 4 books about the elementals but I had a quick look through them and they should be useful if we're gonna find Laurence." He told the two girls cuddled up in front of the TV. "So you didn't tell them?" Scarlett asked. Collin rolled his eyes. "Your my Alpha, not them." He told her. She smiled at him and turned back to the TV.

Suddenly the lights turned off. "Power out?" Emily asked. Collin pulled himself off the sofa to check the circuit breaker outside but found the door refused to open. "What the-." All the doors in the house slammed shut without warning but everything stayed silent.

Collin quickly rummaged through the kitchen for a flash light, as soon as he found it he threw open one of the books he'd brought back.

"Once Aamir's spirit has come he will be looking for the other immortals, Aurora, goddess of Fire, Yamire, god of Earth and Thulsa, god of the Soul."

Collin read aloud. The flashlight suddenly shattered in his hand. "Grab the book!" Scarlett shouted as she took Emily's hand and yanked her into the hallway. "I thing Aamir is here." Emily told them. "No shit!" Scarlett shouted over the rising buzzing sound.

As they scaled the stairs harsh noises of slammed doors and squeals of unearthly things attacked their ears. As soon as they reached Scarlett's door they slammed it shut. Their breaths uneven and their heads booming, Collin squeezed his eyes shut trying to focus.

The room didn't have its usual sunny and warm atmosphere, it looked cold, foggy and Laurence silently sitting on the bed looking out of the window didn't help.

"Guys, I don't mean to scare you but don't... move... a muscle." Scarlett whispered. Laurence chuckled and turned to them. He was smiling his normal smile but they knew it wasn't him. "It's cute you think I can't hear you." He told them. Scarlett shoved Emily behind her which made Laurence's smile flattered for a second. "I'm not here for you Aurora don't worry, I'm here for Yamire, to activate her powers." He told them. Blank stares followed before Scarlett jolted into action, the name felt familiar, especially coming from his mouth. "Who's power?" She asked. Laurence looked past her. "The one you call Emily."