When you cook together- Boomer

Boomer's P.O.V

I heard a ring at the doorbell and then walked up to it. I opened it to see Y/N staring back at me, boredly. "So, whatcha doing?" She asked as I let her in and Iocked the door.

"Uhh I'm making cupcakes!" I said while grabbing an apron off the rack."Can I help?" She asked excitedly "Sure!" I said while giving her a f/c color apron.

She smiled her beautiful smile at me and tied her apron. She tied up her hair in a bun and started to grab materials out of a cabinet.

"What song?" She said while grabbing a speaker out of her bag"Uhhh you decide." I said while going through the fridge. She turned on a song and started to hum the beginning. When she got to when the song starts she began to sing it

If you were the popcorn, I would be the movie
If you were strawberries then, I would be the smoothie

I started singing along with her

If you were October, I'd be apple cider

I stopped and she continued

And If you were the waffle fries then, I would be the slider

I started to mix the batter and we both sang

Cause you and me, We make each other better.
We may not be perfect, But we're perfect together.
You and me will make it through whatever.
We may not be perfect, But we're perfect together.

I looked at Y/N's nervous blushing face and felt my own cheeks heat up. She began the next part of the song and we started alternating.

If you were Sunday brunch, I'd be eggs and bacon.
If you were hot chocolate, I'd be the winter night you stay in.
If you were a candy, I would be the wrapper.
And if you were marshmallows then, I'd be the graham cracker.
I put the cupcakes in the oven, took off my mitts, and closed the oven. We both started to sing together.

Cause you and me, We make each other better.
We may not be perfect, But we're perfect together.
You and me will make it through whatever.
We may not be perfect, But we're perfect together.

-----------Time Skip-----------

The timer went off and The rushed over to the oven. I grabbed the oven mits and took out the cupcake pan.

I looked over the risen and stable cupcakes, smiling as Y/N walks over."They look amazing!" She said, smiling and I laughed a bit at her childishness.

I watched her take off her apron and hang it back on its correct hook and I then took off mine.