Cassandrite Slot One: Amari Jahiem

Girl of fairytale, is your life truly so terrible you must bury it in pretty illusions?

Name: Amari Jahiem

Age: 32

Gender: Female

Faction: Cassandrite

Appearance: Amari is slim, delicate, and pretty. Like a princess in a story, her mother used to say. Amari latched on to that, and while as a child it manifested as glitter everywhere, her style has since refined to a careful elegance. She owns one pair of pants, which she hasn't worn in months. Her dark skin, brown eyes, and coarse black hair all trace back to her Ethiopian roots. She hated her naturally curly hair since youth, as she'd never seen a princess with hair like that, and has been relaxing it since middle school (much to her parents disapproval.) She stands at an unimpressive 5'3, but she doesn't mind that because it allows her to wear heels without being "too tall." (Disney says princesses can't be over 5'7" after all.)

Personality: Amari is, in the nicest of terms, a dreamer. Others might choose delusional. She lives her life the way she believes a princess would— singing while she cleans, braiding flowers into her hair, and spreading kindness wherever she goes. From her loft in Chicago she makes a living writing episodes for childrens' cartoons. She is completely in love with magic, and spent most of her life stubbornly obsessed with trying to prove its existence. She runs a website and interviews anyone and everyone who claims to have proof.

Other: She met Dorian in a coffee shop last spring and has been living her ideal fantasy life ever since— until now, of course. The prince never dies in the stories.