thirteen

august 14th
10:32 am

"have you heard from jaeden or wyatt lately?" y/n asked as she took a seat next to finn on their shared couch. finn shook his head, "not since mid june, they're probably busy."

y/n furrowed her brows, "that's almost two months, finn, what if something happened to them?" she asked as she thought of a list of things that could've happened to them.

"nothing happened to them, they do this a lot." finn shrugged, y/n couldn't believe this. he was so whatever about this, if she was closer to them she'd be freaking out right about a month ago.

"don't worry, y/n, i promise they're fine. they probably caught jack and are- you want ice cream?" finn asked, changing the subject. y/n glared at finn, "don't change the subject!"

"do you or do you not want ice cream?" finn got up and headed to the kitchen with a very bubbly yet worried y/n following him. "yes i want ice cream," y/n took a seat on the kitchen counter as finn got two bowls and a container of chocolate ice cream.

y/n pouted, "i don't feel like chocolate ice cream," finn shrugged and put two scoops of ice cream into both bowls. finn handed y/n her ice cream and stood right in front of her. "finn, i miss my family." finn sighed, he knew y/n would bring this back up again, every time she did he had to make up an excuse as to why she couldn't.

"i know," finn nodded and ate a spoonful of ice cream. "so can i go home?" the girl hopefully asked, which caused finn to put his ice cream down. "not yet, y/n." he took her ice cream off of her and placed it next to his before taking a step closer.

"i know what you're going through, i know it's hard to be away from people you love for an hour let alone almost 4 months." y/n bit her bottom lip to stop her from crying and looked into finn's eyes. she nodded her head softly and quickly wiped away a tear she could feel falling.

"you'll get to go home soon, i promise." finn smiled at her and placed both of his hands on either side of her. "when i do go home will you visit me?" the girl asked, hoping he would say yes.

finn nodded his head, "of course, we're friends, we've spent 4 months together, i can't imagine a world without you in it." y/n doesn't know what came over her when she leaned in and placed her lips on his, surprisingly, he kissed back, which made this way less awkward in her opinion.

pulling away, she looked down at finn, "i wouldn't want to imagine a world without you in it."

[ a/n: i pulled an alison dilaurentis, i'm back from the dead ]